Is he really committed?

Sapphira

I've been in a committed relationship with my boyfriend for over 2 years now. I'm nearing 30 and am anxious to settle down and start a family. My boyfriend is almost 40 and has 2 children from a previous relationship.

My problem is that I really don't know what his intentions are. We have talked about starting our own family, getting married, buying a home for the past 2 years but his actions seem to portray otherwise. Although he has a great salary, he still lives from paycheck to paycheck - spending his money on frivolous things when he should be saving up for a life together. I'm beginning to think that I'm being taken advantage of. That he's with me out of convenience rather than thinking long-term.

What should I do? Should I give him an ultimatum?

Thanks everyone for listening

I have never seen an ultimatum work. I view ultimatums as silly. When someone makes an ultimatum, the relationship is very often already doomed. Perhaps speaking to him about your concerns would help. I would view you as ridiculously foolish if you decided to place an ultimatum on the table, without even fully discussing this situation with your boyfriend.