Online Dating - Is he interested??!

Lucy.London

have tried online dating for the first time. I am in my forties and connected with a guy of a similar age online. We exchanged some really good emails over a period of a week, he decided to leave the site (I must admit it was pretty awful) and he gave me his telephone number with the option to text him, he said he did not give out his number randomly. I texted him after a few days to say hi how are you. He is a police sergeant (which I know is true), so it's a really draining and stressful job working in one of the roughest parts of London. He have exchanged a few texts, always seems to be working and then he suggested meeting up for a drink, I said that sounds like a good plan. We have never spoken and I made the suggestion that we do before meeting and it makes texting a bit more personal. He said he would call me a few days ago via a text message when he gets a quiet moment as he was on duty. Two days have passed and I have not heard a thing. I must admit I have initiated more of the texts that he has. I really don't understand what is going on, I am not used to modern dating, split up with my boyfriend of 8 years about one year ago and now I am back on the scene. Does this mean he is not interested or is he just playing around, like a kind of ego thing with no intention. He is separated and is staying with friends. I really don't know what to make of this. I take it the man is the hunter and the woman is the hunted... maybe he has found me overbearing. Don't know what to think...! aargh ...

How long has he been separated? Kids?

Problem with separated men is that they have unfinished business. It can distract them.

Avoid separated men like the plague unless you want a one night stand or a fling. He is homeless, staying with friends, in a stressful job and looking at a rough road ahead going through the legal system. Why chase a man with so much baggage?

• Like 1