How do older women entice younger men?

felicity1

A younger man(in his late 20s early 30s) and I(30ish-looking 42 yo) had been flirting for about a year. When we got talking his flirting intensified but when I mentioned my age, he said he had a girlfriend and fled. What can I do to attract him back?

Why did you mention your age? I find age an interesting concept... besides gender and race, it's the first thing people seem to want to know - I think it's kinda pointless - like you said, you look 30ish, and maybe even feel/act 3-ish, so why going telling people you're 42? :)

You can't do anything to entice him to come back. Whether his reason was accurate or not, he simply decided he doesn't want to be with you. There is no way to lure someone back that doesn't want to be with you.

And even if you could, would you really want that?

• Like 1

Age is irrelevant unless someone is looking to breed. Besides, someone could steal your identity if they knew your age and birthday.

In person, they can see you so don't need to know your height, weight, measurements, clothing size, race, etc. They like what they see or they don't.

thefooloftheyear
Why did you mention your age? I find age an interesting concept... besides gender and race, it's the first thing people seem to want to know - I think it's kinda pointless - like you said, you look 30ish, and maybe even feel/act 3-ish, so why going telling people you're 42? :)

Are you effin serious?

Sheesh..

TFY

A younger man(in his late 20s early 30s) and I(30ish-looking 42 yo) had been flirting for about a year. When we got talking his flirting intensified but when I mentioned my age, he said he had a girlfriend and fled. What can I do to attract him back?

felicity1,

He likely thought that the age gap was too much. Understandable for many people. Many people say that age doesn't or shouldn't matter, but within all reason, age does matter. You were at least 10-years his senior and he was simply not interested in getting into a relationship with a woman that much older.

I seriously doubt whether you ought to pursue him. If he's interested, he'll come back, but you should probably note that age will be an issue in his mind if he does come back and that was the reason he fled in the first place.

Women are much more open to dating men much older, but men are not quite so accommodating or accepting of the age gaps in question.

• Like 1
GorillaTheater

I'm thinking that you older ladies should try to be mentors to these young men instead.

:laugh:

• Like 5

This, your age, is one of the FIRST things you should reveal about yourself.

thefooloftheyear
I'm thinking that you older ladies should try to be mentors to these young men instead.

But c'mon, dude....dont you realize??..."girls just wanna have FUN!"....:laugh:

TFY

• Like 2
GorillaTheater
But c'mon, dude....dont you realize??..."girls just wanna have FUN!"....:laugh:

TFY

I couldn't resist the urge to jerk around another poster Who Shall Remain Nameless.

Apologies, OP. :)

• Like 1
thefooloftheyear
I couldn't resist the urge to jerk around another poster Who Shall Remain Nameless.

Apologies, OP. :)

Ahhh....I get it now...:laugh:

TFY

This, your age, is one of the FIRST things you should reveal about yourself.

No, your income is the first thing you should reveal.

• Like 1
No, your income is the first thing you should reveal.

Are you serious? :)

• Like 1
  • Author

To be correct, I wasn't actually specific about my age, more vaguely hinting. I'm wondering if I can still lie to him about my age?

To be correct, I wasn't actually specific about my age, more vaguely hinting. I'm wondering if I can still lie to him about my age?

No, because now that you've said it, he sees it. Most older women who date young are approached and seduced by the man. Not usually the other way around. You look desperate chasing after a young man, or any man for that matter.

• Like 4
thefooloftheyear

In my experience, most women over 40 look all their age (or older)....Ive never seen a woman...well. maybe J-Lo or some other done up celebrity...that was in their 40's and looked thirty...Never..

Maybe they need new glasses or the fun house mirror has to go, but there just isnt any way an average every day 40 something year old woman looks 30..And I am not saying there is anything at all wrong with that, women who are in their 40's are just as beautiful in their own way.

Then again, why the hell would anyone seriously consider lying about their age?

TFY

Edited by thefooloftheyear
  • Like 2

Then again, why the hell would anyone seriously consider lying about their age?

Well, the only reason I can think of is to get in the door with a plan to get out that same door later. In other words, you lie to get the person interested and hooked, but have no intention of having a trustworthy, LT relationship.

It's simply puzzling to lie about it period.

• Like 1
thefooloftheyear
Well, the only reason I can think of is to get in the door with a plan to get out that same door later. In other words, you lie to get the person interested and hooked, but have no intention of having a trustworthy, LT relationship.

It's simply puzzling to lie about it period.

Agreed....

About the only thing worse one could do is lie about their gender....Ooops!:laugh:

TFY

GorillaTheater
Agreed....

About the only thing worse one could do is lie about their gender....Ooops!:laugh:

TFY

I'm starting a list, in case I find myself back in the dating game.

1) How old are you? Please provide a copy of your birth certificate.

2) How much money do you make? Please provide a copy of your filed Form 1040 for the last five years.

3) Have you ever had a dick? Your own, I mean.

• Like 5
I'm starting a list, in case I find myself back in the dating game.

1) How old are you? Please provide a copy of your birth certificate.

2) How much money do you make? Please provide a copy of your filed Form 1040 for the last five years.

3) Have you ever had a dick? Your own, I mean.

LMFAO..... hilarious!

No problem. Depends on what he needs mentoring in though.

... and last time I checked, not too many people are having children at age 10, so this guy isn't young enough to be her child or grandchild, unlike the situation/thread you are referring to... but back to the topic.

OP, you don't really know what his reasons are. Maybe he does have a girlfriend and you misinterpreted his flirting. You could always ask him.

Post pictures of your boobies hanging out on OLD. Wear short skirts and tight pants with thong showing.

Sit back and let them flock to you.

I wasn't saying to lie, I was just saying that if was not an issue for him (he didn't ask) then why bring it up? If you are just looking for some fun with him (or any other 'younger' guy) they might not care about not knowing your age :)

If he was genuinely interested and not just flirting...I'm not sure so many guys in their early thirtys would run away from an encounter with someone 10 years older. A relationship yes, but not an "encounter"

I don't think you can entice him back.

I'm not currently shopping in that particular market but ending any conversation with a younger man with "Are you a personal trainer?" seems to work.

• Like 1