Should i be truthful or not?

My girlfriend of almost a year asked me a really sensitive and personal question. She asked if i'm still a virgin. Truth is i did make love to my previous ex girlfriend but that was in the past. I regreted doing it but at that time we really loved each other a lot and that was why we decided to do it.

And after she broke up with me i told myself that i'm not going to make the same mistake again. My present girlfriend right now is really conservative. And i'm afraid if i tell her the truth she might run away from me. What do i do? I really love her a lot and that my past mistake doesn't scare her away but i'm worried.....sigh please advice

Ausco,

Yes Yes Yes.....No matter the consequences you need to tell the truth. Because if you lie and she finds out later all havoc could break loose. I would say presentation is key....Find out why she wants to know, ask her if it matters....Maybe she's afraid you;ve been with lots of girls and she won't measure up. Maybe she thinks you only want one thing....who knows....you have to ask...But I would tell her the situation because it's not like it was a one nite stand....It meant something then....

Good luck

You HAVE to be honest and if she doesn't like it then she will leave and there is nothing you can do about it. Who is she in love with? You story? Your history? OR You?

DerangedAngel

Oh, definitely tell her.

I once had a boyfriend lie to me about his virginity. We didn't break up after I found out, but I was very hurt for a while. I felt used, and like I was not trusted.

Your past does not matter as long as you are truthful. If she cares for you, she'll understand.

Cheers.

-Deranged

Tell her the truth.

If you have been with her for a year than she must really care about you. Her feelings for you shouldn't be conditional.

After four months my exbf finally was honest about the fact that he had been with 20+ people. He was so upset when he told me because I'm a virgin. I was hurt that he hadn't been honest in the first place but whatever he had done in the past couldn't change the feelings that I had for him in the present.

BTW you have been together for a year and neither of you ever brought up this subject?? :confused: