Women, if you look younger, do you tend to date younger?

irc333

I had gone out with some women the past year that were pretty darned good looking for their age (early 50s) and I have to say their main issue with dating is finding men THEIR age that are active as they are or at least good at keeping up with their own appearance.

Seems men of a certain age level tend to just give up on their own appearance and activities and wind up being couch potatoes or something, at least that's what I am hearing.

That being said, they tend to gravitate towards dating younger men, not SUPER younger, but by about 10-ish years.

Also, certain women have been simply blessed with still looking good even at an older age, their family history probably proves it with good genes.

So, that being said, wouldn't it make sense to have the option to date younger if you're always mistaken for younger by the younger male population?

(When I say younger, I say you look around the same age by the men that are checkin' you out?)

well, it's math - meaning you have a wider range of potential men you can date, so I would tend to say that at least the temptation in that direction exists.

I'm 33 and look as if I were in my late 20s. So men hitting on me are anywhere between 28 to 40. My last bf was 38, but the guy whom I am sort of seeing at the moment isn't 30 yet. I am the one extremely aware of that.

I mean, 3-4 years may not be a big deal in the 40s or 50s, but in the 30s, it sort of is. To me, anyway.

Eternal Sunshine

I know everyone thinks that they look younger but I genuinely think that I look like I am in late 20s ;)

People often think so and as a result I am approached by younger men...in fact, I never dated anyone that was more than a year older than me and it just happened that way.

I have met few men that are 10 years older but still look great and I would have no issue dating them. Those that look like my dad..no thanks.

I'm newly 40 but most people say I look 28. Just got asked out by a 28 year old. I don't want anyone under 30 anymore. Although I had a 22 year old boyfriend when I was 35...no one could blame me tho...6ft5, blonde, fit, looked like a hollister model, but i digress. Like some of others said, you have more options!! I dont like too much older than me tho. Some older men are lame in bed and I need a stallion ;)

Eternal Sunshine
I'm newly 40 but most people say I look 28. Just got asked out by a 28 year old. I don't want anyone under 30 anymore. Although I had a 22 year old boyfriend when I was 35...no one could blame me tho...6ft5, blonde, fit, looked like a hollister model, but i digress. Like some of others said, you have more options!! I dont like too much older than me tho. Some older men are lame in bed and I need a stallion ;)

Exactly ;):cool:

• Like 1

That being said, they tend to gravitate towards dating younger men, not SUPER younger, but by about 10-ish years.

10 years younger? OMG, no, 10 years in either direction is wrong, if you ask me. But then, it all depends on what it is that you are looking for - just a good time or potentially a meaningful relationship.

I simply don't see how a 25 years old would date a 33 years old and want that, so no, these guys are simply off my list.

I'm 29 but look much younger, I still get carded wherever I go. I never date younger than me. The maturity level of guys in their mid-earlier 20's is horrendous. My date range is 32-35ish. A 36 year old hit on me this week and he looked younger than his age, so that was nice.

I'm going to be 30 next month, and people guess me at 24-25 tops. With my last two ex's, I had a 7-year difference. Both were stupidly immature -- my mistake for thinking they could be grown-ups despite the age.

My fiance is 4 years younger and I still encounter immaturity issues with him. Mainly due to lack of experience because I'm his first serious relationship.

So, yeah I've been dating younger, but if I were to do it all over again, I definitely wouldn't.

I'm 42. Have dated 12 years younger and 17 years older.

That was in the past though. As a rule of thumb, I've usually preferred men in their 40s. In my 20s, that meant going for older men. These days, it means the same age. In 20 years it'll mean cougar :laugh:

Beyond about 55, men - generally - seem to age very rapidly. Women seem to get a new lease of life at 50, not so much with men. They're increasingly content to settle down with their pipe and slippers - whereas women have given up their years to child rearing, and now I see many decide they're going to have a good time!

I'm quite worried that I won't meet someone before I'm 50, and then I'll either have to go younger or settle for an old man :confused:

This is a big reason why I think it's a mistake for 40-something men to go after much younger women. It's a good match for 10 years... then she's in her 30s, he's in his 50s and she often realises she wants out.