Should I go quiet?

kobeparker939

Hi Guys,

Short brief one, so have been dating this girl for a couple of weeks, and we generally text back and forth everyday. Just wondering if we've developed this certain pattern, would she get p*ssed if I just went quiet for a couple of days. I don't think it's healthy to be in contact everyday , because I don't want it to get boring.

Girls, would this p*ss you off if the guy you're dating stops being so openly communicative? or would it make you more interested?

I would think something was wrong. Maybe you could just talk about it with her.

If you just disappear because you want some space then she might freak out and be texting/calling etc all the time. In that case you would have a) not achieved getting the space you want b) really upset her and c) created a whole pile of drama that just didn't need to be

Just act like a man and have a chat and explain what you are thinking and want

• Like 1
Hi Guys,

Short brief one, so have been dating this girl for a couple of weeks, and we generally text back and forth everyday. Just wondering if we've developed this certain pattern, would she get p*ssed if I just went quiet for a couple of days. I don't think it's healthy to be in contact everyday , because I don't want it to get boring.

Girls, would this p*ss you off if the guy you're dating stops being so openly communicative? or would it make you more interested?

Why not just text her and say, I'm going to be too busy to be texting much today, but I'll be thinking of you" ? You don't have to text back and forth every day. I don't really expect it from men I date. A good morning text would be nice on a regular basis, though. Usually, with the guy I'm dating right now, we text back and forth every day . about 5-6 texts each one of us. But I don't really think it's that much of a problem. At least it doesn't bother me most of the time. Well, ok, sometimes I feel like I don't have anything to say but feel obliged to respond, but that's about the only time it "bothers" me. I don't get what 's the deal with men finding it too much to text a few times a day. I see them toying with their smartphones all day long. As for getting boring, I think that's not the real reason behind your desire not to communicate as frequently. Anyone who gets bored by a good morning text, is ridiculously vain. Do you also get bored saying good morning to people at work, when you walk in? It's laziness and trying to avoid a certain level of attachment, sometimes even the fear of coming across as too weak (especially true for men). My ex was like this, complained it was too much to text in the morning every day. And we didn't even text back and forth for the most part. His level of commitment was zero.

I'd get pissed off if someone stopped communicating entirely for a day , or worse, for more than 1 day, without explaining. I'd assume that he is not interested or got hit by a truck. My ex did this to me towards the end, and I asked him if everything was fine, which pissed him off. Really?

Edited by NoMoreJerks

i would also think something was wrong......if there were to be breaks to me its better to communicate why then leave it up to a mind that might worry...if you say hey lets not contact each other every day could get boring i feel........what do you think? so you are involving her in the decision not just controlling it...when i talk to my friends i dont ring them every day ........and when i hang up i say ill give you call next week maybe tuesday is that ok for you.......i always get yes.......but i like to involve people in what is good for them too....and sometimes i forget to call or i get depressed but i know if i dont call they check up anyway......because i am normally pretty reliable

i dotn run out of things to say normally on a daily basis unless i am depressed and then its a bit harder to be chipper but i have never been bored talking to a guy i am with on the phone every day.......and if a guy said to me hey give you a call mayeb thursday is that ok with you....which is what guys/friends family do with me...smilin.....i rub off on people./.....i am cool with that........its good to know....and not have to analyse and solve something else that is unknown or a puzzle person for me to solve

i have enough puzzles to solve and the last thing i want to be is a puzzle to someone so i have always done this...when i date o rmake plans i always say ....ill call and confirm the night before or the day before...the time and place...its a bit military but ...at least i am not a puzzle...hate jigsaws..... and rubiks cubes i super glue them into place once i solve them ...never to be solved again....then they become art...lol....best wishes...deb

• Like 1