Do men in their 30's have more appeal...?

jakelongot

Do men in their 30's have more appeal to women in their 20's?

Obviously there are several factors that makes one guy more attractive than another, but in a vacuum does being a little older and theoretically more mature make a guy more appealing than younger guys?

What places should I make more appearances or be more aware of my surroundings to take advantage of this new found appeal that I have now that I am just about to turn 31?

I would opine, if your 30's has found you to resolve your preoccupation with underwear, outlined in many past thread titles, then indeed you may find yourself to be more appealing to ladies in your 30's, a part of the process of gaining life experience and maturing.

• Like 1
  • Author
I would opine, if your 30's has found you to resolve your preoccupation with underwear, outlined in many past thread titles, then indeed you may find yourself to be more appealing to ladies in your 30's, a part of the process of gaining life experience and maturing.

:laugh: Oh man! YOu got me! Internet High Five!

Obviously there are several factors that makes one guy more attractive than another, but in a vacuum does being a little older and theoretically more mature make a guy more appealing than younger guys?

What places should I make more appearances or be more aware of my surroundings to take advantage of this new found appeal that I have now that I am just about to turn 31?

I'm 35 and last damn thing I want to do is impress a lady in her 20's. I don't know if I would want to date somebody even a few years younger than me.

'new found appeal that I have now that I am just about to turn 31' lmfao. Come on man! Appeal doesn't come with age. I am sure there are lots of guys with age that are still little kids inside.

kiss_andmakeup

The majority of the men I have been attracted to over the last 5-6 years (I'm 26) have been in their early-to-mid 30's, but I think it's been more of a correlation than a causation. I don't think being in your 30's instantly makes you more appealing to women than being in your 20's.

30's is a good age! You've usually figured out how the game works, refined your strategies and still have looks and energy that can compete with a 20 year old in a lot of cases. Older women are more comfortable dating guys in their 30's than 20's and you still aren't "old" to a lot of 20 year olds. Every door is open for you.

I get a lot more girls @ 30 than I did @ 20 but then I am more in control now. Physically fit, I don't leave the house unless I'm dressed nice and wearing cologne, I think that makes a huge difference.

Teenaged girls regularly hit on me then they get all embarrassed when they find out I'm 31 instead of 21. I take it as a compliment :)

• Author
The majority of the men I have been attracted to over the last 5-6 years (I'm 26) have been in their early-to-mid 30's, but I think it's been more of a correlation than a causation. I don't think being in your 30's instantly makes you more appealing to women than being in your 20's.

What do you mean "more of a correlation than a causation"?

I think it depends on what the man has done with his twenties. . . .
  • Like 1

Age really makes no difference. It's just that for most of the male population, a lot of them don't get it (how women work) until they reach that point.

If you are a quick learner, you will have success at any age.

If you never learn, you'll be unsuccessful no matter how old you are.

• Like 1
Age really makes no difference. It's just that for most of the male population, a lot of them don't get it (how women work) until they reach that point.

Well, let's not get carried away.

I'm 51 and still haven't figured out how women work. Not even close. ;)

• Like 1

Trying to relate a so-called "attraction factor" to a number is a senseless pursuit. It depends on the individual in question, how well he takes care of himself, carries himself and how he interacts socially with others.

Just because a guy hits 3-0 doesn't suddenly make him all that more appealing. I suppose the thirty-something range is more attractive in particular aspects considering that most would expect him to be established per se. Its common but not always exactly the case.

But really, age is not what makes a person attractive. That's like seeing someone that you do find arousing and interesting, not because you know their age, but because of their qualities and overall character and presence. If you discovered that person weren't thirty or above, or any other specific age in particular, would the attraction factor dissipate? No. Age is a metric, not a quality in a more strict sense of the word. What do you care about more - chronology or characteristics?

I'll take characteristics.

Edited by Skyraider829
  • Like 1

In some ways, yes.

They are (or rather should be) more financially and emotionally stable than younger guys.

My previous ex was 36 and I was 20 when we met. I got pregnant, and it was much less of a hassle with him as opposed to guys my age who made significantly less money.

I'm going to be 29 and I only look to date men in their 30's. The highest I'd go is probably 34. I naturally look young (I'm always asked if I'm even 21 :confused:) so it's hard for me to attract older guys. I would assume I look very young and thus immature --- as one of the 35 year old's on here said, he'd never date any girl in their 20's.

But yeah, men in their 30's really appeals to me over guys in their 20's. It seems once you hit 30 you get past the partying stage, you're more established and settled.

This. I've noticed a group of late 30's dudes who've returned to college and are making a killing with the women. its rather funny how they leave the 25+ year olds alone as they know what these women want and these guys are only looking for a good time. Granted, the 18 year old stud is moe appealing to younger women on a biological sense, but these guys shoot themselves a lot on the foot by letting their immaturity come out. Yeah, they'll bang the girls once but their lack of experience/impatience/general immaturity will make the girl drift away.

It's funny you bring this up. I went back to school a couple of years ago, and wow...if I wanted to have anything to do with 18-22 year of girls, I would be killing it.