Hung up

foreverpink

I posted about a guy about two months ago because him and I seemed to hit it off, but after I slept with him... he stopped texting me.

I feel llike I should have seen it coming, and I have been trying really hard to cope with this, but I am having problems.

I can't help but take it personally. Like there's something wrong with me, and that I am not good enough.

I am still healing from this experience, and then last night I ran into a girl who had slept with the same guy as me. She was talking about her experience with him, and it seems we both went through the same things.

I can't get that out of my head now. I feel like I was nothing but a number to him. It sickens me that there are many other girls out there that have been treated in this way by him. It angers me!!

How do I cope with this? There is clearly no point thinking about him anymore, but I keep picturing that girl and him together and it upsets me. I don't want to think about him anymore!

I also feel like I have been jaded because of him and other guys from my past.

I am too scared to open up to men now.

What should I do? How do I move on?

I am truly sorry of what had happened to you. The best thing you can do right now is to start seeing him by his true colors. He was a player and he used you. He was inconsiderate with your feelings and could not care less about you. You were a number indeed, and he probably had forgotten many of the details of your short relationship. He probably remembers you by the way you behaved in bed and nothing more than that.

You NEED to move on because this type of guys don't deserve even one minute of your thoughts. I am sorry :(

• Like 1

I am so sorry. I know how this feels. It's very painful. There is nothing wrong with you. I can only advise that in future, you ask a guy his intentions early on - make it clear that you are not looking for something "casual". If the guy just wants sex, he will probably back off. Much love to you. <3

• Like 1

All you can do is learn from this experience. That's why it's so important to get to know a guy for a few months to see if they are worthy of YOU! A guy who is using you and only wants sex will back off sooner than later so give it time to see someone's ACTIONS not words. It seems like you'll never stop thinking about him but you will. And after a while you'll look back and notice what a jerk he was all along and maybe even laugh at the douche. It gets easier, we've all been there!

Good God...

How old are you? If he was your first, I agree that it is a bad way to start your sex life.

However, if he was not, where is the problem? Did you have fun with him? If the answer is yes, why do you feel bad?

Let's get the facts here:

1. You knew him for 2 weeks - hardly enough time to totally fall for him (unless it's a first love type of thing, which would be bad)

2. You had sex and it was (hopefully) good

3. He disappeared.

So what? You had a fun night and that was it. Move on, keep dating, hopefully you'll find a guy who's looking for something serious soon.

You know what always frazzles me? If a guy ****s a girl and the disappears, everybody thinks that it is such a big deal and that he's such a jerk. However, if the same thing happens while the roles are reversed, nobody seems too pissed and the girl is just labeled as "wanting to have fun" and the guy is told to just "man up" and "get over her/it".

We're living in the 21st century people.

We all know that women like sex too and that a multi-dating gal is NOT a slut for sleeping around just to have fun. No need to pretend that we're living 200 years ago...

PS: OP - if you only want to sleep with "boyfriends", do not put out on week 2 and have the talk with him. Obviously he could li to your face but if you "test" him for 4+ weeks without sleeping with him, most guys who only want sex will get bored and disappear by then. The fact that you let him in (no pun intended) after 2 weeks indicated that you had an itch to scratch as well.

Just a thought...

PS: OP - if you only want to sleep with "boyfriends", do not put out on week 2 and have the talk with him. Obviously he could li to your face but if you "test" him for 4+ weeks without sleeping with him, most guys who only want sex will get bored and disappear by then. The fact that you let him in (no pun intended) after 2 weeks indicated that you had an itch to scratch as well.

this^^ is a very wise statement (in a overall smart post :)) and something ALL OF US (guy or girl) interested in a LTR should remember..

if only to try not to get too hung up too fast on something (someone?) who may fade and break us :(