Why does her dancing make me uncomfortable?

tom.adkins99

tom.adkins99

My girlfriend of 2 years loves to dance when we go out together. She tells me its one of her favorite ways to release stress. However, sometimes when we are at the bar and she is getting drunk, she starts dancing more seductively (grinding up on me, bending down low, and spinning her hair around). I feel that it looks cheap and slutty if she dances like that. If we are at a club, I don't mind this cause everyone is dancing. But last night, her dancing was making me uncomfortable. I told her this because it was bothering me, and she got upset.

The truth is, I am not exactly sure why it makes me uncomfortable. She is a sexy, confident girl who likes to express herself through dancing. Maybe I don't like all of the attention from other people watching when she is dancing like that at the bar? I don't think its because I am insecure. Or maybe its because I am not drunk enough and I'm too worried about what other people think.

Any other guys out there know what I am talking about? What is it that makes me uncomfortable?

My girlfriend of 2 years loves to dance when we go out together. She tells me its one of her favorite ways to release stress. However, sometimes when we are at the bar and she is getting drunk, she starts dancing more seductively (grinding up on me, bending down low, and spinning her hair around). I feel that it looks cheap and slutty if she dances like that. If we are at a club, I don't mind this cause everyone is dancing. But last night, her dancing was making me uncomfortable. I told her this because it was bothering me, and she got upset.

The truth is, I am not exactly sure why it makes me uncomfortable. She is a sexy, confident girl who likes to express herself through dancing. Maybe I don't like all of the attention from other people watching when she is dancing like that at the bar? I don't think its because I am insecure. Or maybe its because I am not drunk enough and I'm too worried about what other people think.

Any other guys out there know what I am talking about? What is it that makes me uncomfortable?

It's probably the sexual nature of her dancing, in public. Maybe you think that is not the appropriate setting to express that aspect of her personality.

Ninjainpajamas

Probably because she's releasing her inner-whore and you know that the men watching are practically raping her in their minds (not that they would, but they're thinking about it).

Let's be honest, she probably does look like a cheap slut to most men, but if she's not and she's getting a lot of enjoyment out of it...well, that's kind of her prerogative and this is something she likes to do...for whatever reason, it makes her happy, she gets to be a bit wild and let loose, but she's not technically doing anything wrong to you...but you're well aware of the perception of it being a guy.

I think it makes you uncomfortable because you know what men are thinking and why they're watching her...a stripper with clothes on basically.

That makes you feel uncomfortable and a bit like she's not acting appropriate and like not the classiest girl on the planet...but at the same time, this is the girl you chose...If that's not your "type" or her dancing just really bothers you, you could either learn to just deal with it and let things be without making a fuss about it because you just understand she's doing it for herself and not for others (so they say) or drop her and get a girl that doesn't want to freak it out on the dance floor.

Honestly though, long-term effects of this are IMO going to be minimal, If she's a freak in the bedroom and sexual, that's a good thing that's going to pay off in the long run so the benefits pay off in the long-run...unless she dances like that out around family or what not...which she could embarrass you and herself, but that wouldn't be nothing new anyway.. She just sounds young and she's doing her right now...that shet doesn't last forever though, I think you should just let it slide unless she's starting to dance with others guys like that and flirt...then you got real problems.