Guy that likes me never texts me

Lovetheatre

Hi,

So this guy named Mark told me a few week ago he really liked me and I do to. He already kissed me and wants to be in a relationship with me. But I am having a hard time committing to that yet because I feel like I still need to get to know him better.

The problem is he never texts me, like ever. He has never sent me the first text. I barely text him because I am waiting for him to text me first. In my past relationships the guy always texts me all the time.

What should I do?

What does this mean?

If a guy was really into you, he'd make any effort to contact you. There are exceptions, like being a busy person, which I personally prefer.

Texting shouldn't be the primary medium for conversation. I personally prefer to take a call. If you don't have anything important to text, such as details, plans or confirmations (exceptions include good morning and goodnight texts), it's better to call. Calling is a really enjoyable way to bond or catch up. Face to face is still the best anyway.

That being said, he's not making an effort to initiate contact with you. He could even be feeling a bit smothered if you're overdoing it. Some guys just don't like texting; they feel like it's work. So why not take a break from it and let him contact you when he wants to? That way, only important things are being said. Save the small talk for when you're actually together.

If a guy was really into you, he'd make any effort to contact you. There are exceptions, like being a busy person, which I personally prefer.

Texting shouldn't be the primary medium for conversation. I personally prefer to take a call. If you don't have anything important to text, such as details, plans or confirmations (exceptions include good morning and goodnight texts), it's better to call. Calling is a really enjoyable way to bond or catch up. Face to face is still the best anyway.

That being said, he's not making an effort to initiate contact with you. He could even be feeling a bit smothered if you're overdoing it. Some guys just don't like texting; they feel like it's work. So why not take a break from it and let him contact you when he wants to? That way, only important things are being said. Save the small talk for when you're actually together.

This. If I REALLY like a girl, I would text her here and there enough to show that I'm into her. If he doesn't text you at all, he is probably not interested. I am a very busy person and I always find the time to text the girl I like even just to say hi and ask how she is doing.