Facebook friending/messaging friend of friend

michiganawesome

michiganawesome

OOOOOKay... so here's my situation. The other day a friend of mine who is visiting Michigan from Florida posted several photos of her with some friends in our city. One girl in particular caught my attention, so like any normal person does I Facebooked the hell out of her. Ha.

Anyway, I have a few mutual friends with this girl, but I don't think I've ever run into her anywhere. We've never met, but from the little information I am able to gather at this point she at least seems interesting and cute to me.

My question then is how can I best reach out to this girl? Do I need to go through our mutual friend/friends first? Do I ask them about her and get a feel for the situation? Is it too absurd to message her?

Look, I get it. Facebook complicates things because you have this connection to people you normally would have no information about.

I have NO problem meeting people in person. I am quite confident in my conversation skills and being charismatic with women face to face. I understand that it's best to do this kind of stuff in person, but I'm not sure how our paths will cross if I don't take some initiative.

Well, INTERNET, tell me what to do! ... Please. Thx. BYE.

It seems like the solution is fairly simple - she's a friend of a friend. So ask your friend if she thinks you have a chance, and go from there.

• Like 1

If you reached out to me on FB without us ever having met in person, no matter how many friends in common we might have, I would plainly ignore you and chalk it up to a guy trying to pick me up.

So I'd say try and meet her in person first.

• Like 2