Can't Read Him!! Is he interested or not?

FountainBlu

Hi Everyone,

I'm new here and I am looking for advice regarding my situation, I recently went out with one of my co-workers who I do find to be pretty cute. I had invited him out to a recent sporting event, considering he used to play the sport for many years and loved watching it. On the morning of the sporting event we met up early and he came with his dog who we then walked back together with to his house, once we arrived there he decided that we should take his sisters car instead. So we drove to the sporting event and hung out quite a bit there, we spoke about work and different things such as me visiting his country where he suggested if I went while he was there on vacation that I could stay with him and his cousin at his cousins condo or I could stay for free at another family members condo there, he also suggested that he would get tickets for us to go to a concert together or go mo-pedding by the lake together (all signs that I thought hey he may just be interested) after the sporting event he suggested we go get a bite to eat, so we went to a bakery and had some food (which he paid for), after that we went back to his place in which I ended up meeting his mom and then going for a walk with him, we then returned home and I ended up going with him to his sisters house as she was on vacation and he needed to check on her house. To end the day off we went to a nearby park and played some baseball together and then went to a nearby mall to pick up some drinks and sat at a park bench. The day went great but I did have to leave a bit early as I was going to a bachelorette party that night. As I left he had mentioned if I was going to pass by another co-workers house for a party she was having that night, I said I wasn't sure but for him to text me if anything.

He isn't much of a texter because we literally never text eachother, only talk at work and texted to arrange meeting up for that day. He didn't message me that night, and i'm not sure if its because I left early and he probably thought I wasn't interested? We ended up seeing eachother at work the next day and it was a bit of a busy day so he only said whats up to me and that was all. I'm not sure what to think of this all...is he interested or not? I feel like just backing off and if he is interested than he can message me but a part of me feels like maybe he thought I wasn't interested and so he never messaged me..he did mention to me though that he was going to hang out with another girl from work that night..:\ red flag?

forgetmenot75

yes, big red flag :(

He probably ended liking her more.

you had a pretty long first date, huh? You met his mom, his sister, you went to the mall, to the park, to play baseball, to the sports event...and you say you left early? :S

I dont know, it seem pretty weird for me, the whole situation. He told you he was going to see another girl, so he probably sees you like a friend. Did he kiss you?

RebelWithoutACause

I don't get the impression that he's interested at all. What you have described is friendly behavior on his part, nothing to indicate romantic interest. For one you were the one to ask him out, for two you don't mention anything physical happened at all during your date, and it sounds like a very long date. For three he's hanging out with other girls from work. All of this combined just doesn't bode well.

My advise is don't wait by the phone for his text, move on, don't initiate anymore meet ups with him. If he enjoyed your company and wants to get to know you better he'd ask you out.

a part of me feels like maybe he thought I wasn't interested and so he never messaged me..

Why would he think that? You've pretty much given him the green light by asking him out and then spending the day with him. If he likes you at all he'll show it. Until then, let it go.