How's it possible my girlfriend grew?

Shaun-Dro

She's 19 but yet it appears she grew about 2 inches. I just noticed this last night when we were out and she was the same height as me without heels.

I remember her looking about my height a few times when we went out at night but I assumed she wore higher heels, and because it was dark I never really bothered to check.

After discovering this I'm concerned since girls stop growing somewhere in their mid teens and she's supposed to be beyond that. Should I ask for ID now? :cool:

• Author
or you shrank. :rolleyes:

Very funny. But on a serious note, I don't know any girls her age still having a little bit of growing left. I didn't bring it up to her but I will in a minute.

Very funny. But on a serious note, I don't know any girls her age still having a little bit of growing left. I didn't bring it up to her but I will in a minute.

Probably normal. Just wait until she grows outwards. :)

Did she used to slouch? People who stand up straight and have good posture tend to look taller.

I agree with the other posters, like the fact your girl just looks taller, or be like Tom Cruise, and get some lifts, who by the way just happens to like tall and beautiful women.

SincereOnlineGuy
She's 19 but yet it appears she grew about 2 inches.

I think she is in violation of the relationship agreement, and that you should dump her.

• Like 3

What if you are shrinking?

Seriously, they grow and shrink with the lunar cycle, like plants. Have you been watering her too much?

OK really seriously, lots of folks keep growing into their early 20s, but wouldn't assume that, probably an optical illusion.

Most girls stop growing much sooner than that but it isn't that uncommon.

I don't know why height is such an issue for some people. I can understand if the woman is towering over you how that'd be weird but if she's in heels and about the same height as you, there's no big deal in that.

Not necessarily saying that you think it's a huge deal but I've seen this before a bunch of times. I'm 5'10, my ex was 5'4. When she wore heels she'd be about 5'6 or 5'7 and she used to make comments about how she feels like an ogre being "taller" than me when in heels, while at the same time I kind of felt insulted as well (basically saying I'm not tall enough for her). We'd stand in the mirror and I'd say "see, you're still several inches shorter than me, you don't look like a giant". Yet, she did this song and dance a bunch of times.

*Most* (meaning the majority) women stop growing between 15-17, but that is dependent on when they entered puberty. (The hormones seal the growth plate.) I had my period at 10 and I was at my adult height by 13. If someone reached menarche later, they would keep growing longer. Some one who hit puberty at 16 might not be done growing in 20's. Plus, it's a range, anyways.

Yup, verified the ages and everything with my textbook.

Plus, I'm not sure there's not many other explanations before "she lied about her age"