Work place romance?

Sunflower2179

Sunflower2179

I started hanging out with a guy from work a week & 1 day ago. Things are going good. We have a good time hanging out. However, I know he wants me to talk more. I'm a shy person to start with, but when it comes to guys I like, it seems even harder for me to talk. Plus, he is the first guy in a long time that I meet in person, not online. It's been 6 years or more since I meet someone in person like that. My last boyfriend, we were together for 4.5 years, and lived together the last 2 years. So it is a new experience for me. I see this new guy, Mark, every day. We work in different departments so we don't see each other all day. Just during breaks and lunch.

I know Mark likes me a lot, a few days ago he said that he was starting to fall in love with me. He wants us to get real tight so that we can live together. Two days ago he gave me keys to his apartment and told me that I can come and go as I please. Yesterday, we went on a short trip so I could hang out with a long time friend of mine. On the way back he tells me that he wants me to be his last girlfriend, and he doesn't want me to have any other boyfriends. All this within a week.

I know there are people at work who either can see that something is going on or just think that something is going on with us. There are some people that will look at us and probably will think, "Why is she doing with him?" Reason I know that is because I hear what these people say about other people, and it's not nice what they say. I'm white and Mark is black. I don't have any problems with color. Mark could be green and I'd still like him.

Do I have something to worry about with the two of us working in the same place? Should I even worry about it?

I know Mark cares about me because he shows it. He calls just to say hi and to make sure I'm okay. He cooks me dinner, washed my car, and says if anyone messes with me - he'd protect me. I didn't ask him to wash my car he is the one who said he would do it and he did. He wants to cook me dinner, I didn't ask him to. I hate having to leave him when I go home. He hates when I leave too, he told me that yesterday also. I got a little drunk the other night (I don't drink often, it's been months since the last time I did) but I was drunk and Mark said that he was rubbing my back and just taking care of me. Plain and simple: I just like Mark. He makes me happy and I feel safe around him. Being around him I don't feel stupid with his "ghetto / street talk" - he will explain what he means. He has a positive attitude which I like.

Well I guess I just want to know: 1. Is working in the same place something to worry about? 2. Is he moving too fast? 3. Is he really being genuine? Or is he just playing me?

Thanks for all your help!!

SLOW DOWN!!!!!

I am not sure how long ago your last relationship ended but this guy is moving way too fast.

Keys to his apartment already? Your asking for trouble.

If things get hot quickly, they also can cool down quickly.

As far as dating someone from work, I would not recommend it but that's a personal call.

It may affect your job performance and as a result, get you or him fired.

1.dating someone at work doesn't work for me.

2.He's moving way too fast

3.He can be a fake. I know men would play games to get what they want.

I would take it slow and develop a relationship before you commit yourself.