Are introverted girls very affectionate once they open up?

So I've just had a third date with this girl and things are progressing quite nicely. I can see we're very much into each other now. The first date we pretty much just walked and talked for a good few hours with no physical contact. The second date, I took her to a nice pub and a movie afterwards. Only after the movie I decided to put my arm around her and she didn't resist, but she didn't respond either, I guess she wasn't sure of what to do once I made my move, but she still liked it.

Then comes the third date, while I was walking her to a nice restaurant, I put my arm on her again and she responds with her arm around my waist. After food and drinks we held hands while going to the theatre. Before the movie, we played some arcade games and she beat me in air hockey ;) to which she got really excited and hugged me.

During the movie (a comedy), we started holding hands again, only this time she started squeezing my hand while they were interlocked. I thought this was the perfect time to start experimenting on her so I started massaging the back of her neck, which she told me felt good. I started to rub her arm, then she responded with resting her hand on the arm I held her other hand with. There were other little things too but I'll spare you the journey. The last thing that happened was that she folded her legs to rest on the chair, so I decided to move my holding hand to rest on her knee area (which was nice and soft :p) and used my thumb to rub it. She responded with another squeeze of her hand on mine.

Point being is that I was actually quite surprised that she responded to my efforts with a lot of affection. At the end of the night I took her to the bus stop and I looked at her and said good night, then we both moved in for a quick kiss on the lips.

As long as I've known her, she's been physically shy with other guys and just gave them high fives, even me at first. However, the only difference is that we both liked each other before we started dating. Then by the third date, BAM!, she's lovey dovey.

I am also an introvert and I'm very affectionate with a man I like. On the other hand, I can seem cold with men I'm not feeling it for, but it seems like most people are that way.

I've never heard of a connection between introversion or extroversion and affection.

• Like 1
Eternal Sunshine
I am also an introvert and I'm very affectionate with a man I like. On the other hand, I can seem cold with men I'm not feeling it for, but it seems like most people are that way.

I've never heard of a connection between introversion or extroversion and affection.

This. I can't stop touching guys I like. But if I am dating someone that I am not that physically into, I come across as cold...

• Like 1
  • Author

If it makes you feel better I'm also introverted, but I knew at some point I had to start expressing myself to her :D

If it makes you feel better I'm also introverted, but I knew at some point I had to start expressing myself to her :D

As an introvert, I find that I'm better at communicating through physical touch. Expressing how I feel verbally is difficult for me, so I supplement with physical affection.

My bf told me he could tell in the beginning how I felt about him by the way I looked him, smiled at him, and touched him even though I wasn't comfortable talking about how I felt at first.

• Author

I'm not sure if I haven't phrased myself correctly or specifically, but what I meant by expression was that I was using as you say, physical communication to show that I was attracted to her. She realized this, especially how I was touching her during the movie.

I also have difficulty expressing my feelings to her verbally, but at least she knows where I'm taking this. I've known her to 2 years (no not office romance, we only work at a min. wage job) prior to finally asking her out.

youngnlove89

I'm an introvert and very shy. I like staying home 98% of the time, I like being alone more than going out to some bar with a bunch of people around.

It took me 6 months to open up to my boyfriend. Every time I saw him I would shake. He thought it was cute. But I can be myself around him now, joking, laughing, I talk a lot, I tell him everything, I'm very physical and not shy at all anymore. It just took me awhile to open up.

I think he is an introvert also, he likes to go out with his buddies every now and then, but mostly likes to stay at home and doesn't like big groups. He enjoys his alone time. I didn't know he was shy either until he met my family and friends.

I've been with guys who were an extrovert while I was an introvert and it didn't really work out that well :/ He wanted to go out, I wanted to stay in. He was very out going, I was shy. It probably works for some, but it didn't for me.

Phantom888

In my experience, the most shy girls are the wildest in bed once they open up to you. It's as if there is a pressure release valve that needs to be unlocked. Not kidding!

• Like 1

Affection and introversion do not go together. Sure you can find an introvert that shows no affection.....BUT being an introvert doesn't mean that the person won't show affection.

Like others who have chimed in, I am an introvert - I would rather stay home and hang out with my dogs than go to a club and be around a ton of people - BUT I love to be affectionate.

• Like 2
soccerrprp

I have dated a few introverted women and there was NO lack of affection before, during or after opening up! :)

• Like 1
youngnlove89
In my experience, the most shy girls are the wildest in bed once they open up to you. It's as if there is a pressure release valve that needs to be unlocked. Not kidding!

This is true! :p

I am a wild one in bed.

Hey, the word bed actually looks like a bed. :bunny:

• Author
Affection and introversion do not go together. Sure you can find an introvert that shows no affection.....BUT being an introvert doesn't mean that the person won't show affection.

Like others who have chimed in, I am an introvert - I would rather stay home and hang out with my dogs than go to a club and be around a ton of people - BUT I love to be affectionate.

Yes, you're right and thanks for posting. I don't think my post had to do with whether or not introverted people show affection. It's more to do with HOW MUCH they show their affection hence why I used "very affectionate". I know anybody is capable of it and I think Phantom with the pressure valve quote summed up my thoughts briefly.

Me not having much experience, I was just curious to see if this is usually the case with introverts.

Star Gazer

I don't think there's any correlation between introversion or extroversion (concerned with ones own mental life, or obtaining gratification from what is outside the self) and method of displaying affection.

Some of the most affectionate people I know are extroverts, and some of the least affectionate people I know are introverts, and vice versa.