How Do Woman Want To Be Treated, What Are They Looking For On A First Date?

aliveagain

I just survived 5 lawsuits, we won, that took up 3 years of my life. Dating wasn't part of that, just lawyers here in Alberta and in Delaware. A few months ago(about 5) I had a really bad day and on the way home(I live 42 kilometers outside of Canada's 4th largest city, the oil capital) I was hungry and stopped at a neighborhood pub. While waiting for my dinner I had an opportunity to chat with a lady sitting at the next table, 45ish, attractive, her first time there. We exchanged contact information and somehow we both lost the contact information. About a week ago her daughter came to help her pack(she's moving) and came across my phone number and name. She called me and we chatted for about half an hour and discussed how we both lost each others contact information. We did this a couple of times and decided we should go out for dinner(tonight). Last night I called her and suggested we meet for a drink and a bite, she accepted and agreed to meet me after gym. She was already there when I arrived. We sat in a quiet out of the way booth. After a couple of drinks and a Tequila shooter(suggested by our server) we started to make out like sex starved teenagers at our both and were actually caught by our server(embarrassing). We have our dinner date tonight and I am s**t scared as I still have issues over my cheating ex. I need some help with dating etiquette. How do woman want to be treated, I am a gentleman, I could use some help.

You've already sucked her tonsils so - technically - you already had a first date. :)

Be the gentleman you claim to be. Open doors. Ask about her. Listen. Refrain from going where your first meeting went if you want to be taken seriously and you think this might be more than fling.

Treat her like an interesting, intelligent human being - not the piece of f*ck meat or pure sexual conquest that many consider dates to ascend to...

• Like 3
  • Author

CarrieT, I won't blame it on the Tequila, not my normal self and I do open doors, wait for her to eat before I start and will bring a single red rose. Thank you for your comment.

How I like to be treated:

He is a gentleman. He opens doors, offers to pay, is kind to everyone we encounter.

He shows true interest in me, my stories, my life, and who I am.

He wants to share himself, his stories, his life, and who he is.

He laughs at my jokes. (This really should be #1.)

He smiles, flirts, and has fun.

He isn't highly indecisive, forcing me to make all the decisions about where we go, what we do. He shows a healthy level of assertiveness.

• Like 2
  • Author

Thank you pteromom, I really like the indecisive comment, and there is nothing she will have to pay for. I have a reservation at a very nice restaurant, the rest will be up to her. We will go everywhere by cab so no one will have to worry about driving, I have all the time in the world for her. Thank you.

What pteromom said. Some common sense goes a long way.

I always just think: "If the roles were reversed, what would I want?", works for me.

• Like 1
  • Author

Mr. Mango, thank you, my only doubts relate to my being a nice guy and I want to be as open as I can because of my past experiences.

Mr. Mango, thank you, my only doubts relate to my being a nice guy and I want to be as open as I can because of my past experiences.

No point in having doubts. Be a nice guy for yourself, and allow other people to enjoy it if they want. If they don't like you for who you are, or desperately want to change qualities you think are good, then it's not worth the trouble. If you can't be yourself around your GF, then what's the point?

• Like 2