Taking it slow or a player

hoolababe

This friend always say hello and good bye to me along with my name, but no one else in our group. The other night I was standing next to him talking to another friend when I noticed that he'd turned slightly towards me. Earlier in the evening he'd been sat talking, at another table, to others and every now and again I noticed he'd turned and was facing me. He excused myself to leave and touched my back as he passed behind me ( he had plenty of room so needn't have). I turned and said that I'd see him later in the week. He half turned and gave me a look out of the corner of his eye and a smile.

What confuses me is we never seem to get passed this point! We only meet 1-2 a week and always in a group. Perhaps I'm not giving the right signals out but this has been going on for 6 months now! Perhaps I'll have to 'woman' up and ask him out!

When I first met him he was really shy when I talked to him now we can converse easily. Perhaps he's just going slow, I don't think he's that experienced either.

I've been told that he's a player, but would he not have got fed up and moved on by now if he was?

Either way I would still like him as a friend.

• Author

I don't think he's a player quite the opposite in fact. Basically I'm not sure what a player is like, it's a long time since I dated.

What confuses me is we never seem to get passed this point! We only meet 1-2 a week and always in a group. Perhaps I'm not giving the right signals out but this has been going on for 6 months now! Perhaps I'll have to 'woman' up and ask him out!

No, don't do this. If he is interested in you, he will ask you out. I'm not even convinced he is; you may be reading more into the situation (and his every move) than is truly there because you are interested in him.

• Like 1
No, don't do this. If he is interested in you, he will ask you out. I'm not even convinced he is; you may be reading more into the situation (and his every move) than is truly there because you are interested in him.

This is not always true.

Us shy guys just need one, one time, REALLY big green light. Do something that let's us now beyond a shadow of a doubt that you are interested, and we can take over from there.

• Like 1
Southern Cal Dude
This is not always true.

Us shy guys just need one, one time, REALLY big green light. Do something that let's us now beyond a shadow of a doubt that you are interested, and we can take over from there.

Agree with the first part, but the second part isn't the reason. One thing I've noticed is the "if he's interested, he will approach you" goes out the window when the man has high status. I'm a part time model and also a bartender. When you have status like that, women do approach.

• Author

We're both shy. Over the months we've got more comfortable with each other but I still find he can talk more easily to the other females in our group. If w go to a dance he'll take my hand as we go onto the dance floor. Perhaps I need to be the one to give out stronger signals. This isn't the first time he's done it either. Also when it was my birthday he gave me a kiss on the cheek which ended up on the corner of my mouth.

Edited by hoolababe

Its probably more shyness than anything. He is shwing you he is interested, but he can't tell if you are so he remains in the same state of doing what he's been doing. Make a small move/gesture if you like him...a hug, grab his hand, ask him. A player can be anywhere, anyone, so always protect your heart. I question whether the guy I've been seeing is a player and its been 4 months. So if you like him go for it, seems like he likes you. Good Luck

• Like 1

This is not always true.

Or, he may be thinking with his big head.

You are in his social circle.

What happens if you date & it goes badly?

I'm only shy when it comes to women I have to see after they reject me or I have to still see them.

Otherwise I have very little fear & will walk up to anyone or ask anyone out.