if I planned a 2nd date too far in advance?

clouds007

So an old coworker who I interacted with very briefly at a former job contacted me 4 months after I quit to meet up. During our meet up, he invited me to a concert for the following night by saying he had bought tix way in advance and now wasn't sure if he'd go or sell them, but that he'd go if I wanted to go. I was thrown off by the late notice, since I hadn't seen him in months and now here was another last minute sounding decision from him. I ultimately declined but I didn't justify it with a scheduling conflict..even though there was one..so I'm not sure if he was put off by that as some sort of rejection.

I told him I already had tickets to this other band but he immediately expressed not liking their live performances which of course deterred me from asking him to join me. When we left it felt like we had nothing to connect us again. He did make me hug him. I decided the next day to invite him to my show anyway even though it is 2.5 months away and I was surprised that he quickly agreed to join (on FB). It's only going to be the two of us at the show.

But now I'm confused how to fill the 2.5 month time gap until the concert, because he hasn't gotten in touch with me in the two weeks after this transpired. Should we try to get to know each other in the months leading up to the event otherwise wouldn't it be like showing up to a concert with a stranger so what's the point? I sent him a link to watch an interesting video too and he never responded.

I want to be friends and get to know him more because I like him but should I contact him again or wait for him to take the next first step? Not sure if I'm the rebound chick, getting played, or if he's genuinely interested, given there's minimal contact from his side now despite initiating everything!

Edited by clouds007