, I am SO . I have very little experience with the opposite gender

futuregopher

futuregopher

A friend of mine who is a girl asked me to take a one week vacation with her to a country on the other side of the world. I don't know her that well, we're a little more than acquaintances but I said "yes". It's going to be us 2 traveling in one of those guided tour things and we're sharing a room throughout the trip.

We've started talking more over gchat, etc just based on figuring out logistical stuff and I've gotten to know her more.

But when I told my parents about the trip, they asked me all type of questions about her and I couldn't even answer 75% of them. The first thing they asked me was if she was my "gf" and I said "no".

So I kind of want to get to know this person more since im going to be spending over a week with her in a far away random country. What do I do? Would be asking her out to dinner be "too formal"? Coffee? I don't even drink coffee so that's awkward. Am I in the friendzone? What should I do if I want to get to know her better but not necessarily as a gf?

Thank you ls!

"Hey, let's hang out a little before the trip."

If needed:

"My parents asked all these questions about you, and I didn't know half the answers. Haha."

• Like 1