the lonely lover only pushes love away..... for stage 5 clinger

charlietheginger

charlietheginger

Talking with a friend and she is desperate for love...

She comes off desperate by being to clingy ,jealous

Overbearing....

Its not her fualt just how she is.

I tell her this pushes guys away. But she is a loving

Caring person always eager to please and help people.

I told her if she waits it out she will meet another stage 5 clinger

And they can cling to each other.....

Her response " i dont like clingy guys "

seems like the ones who want her less

SHE ONLY WANTS THEM MORE !

as if she gets satisfaction making people like her

I think she is royally screwed but any advice i can

Pass on would be good.

Also she is a 8 eazy but 28 and wanting to be married

Always the girl who has "to have a boyfriend"

jolie_baby

A couple of things maybe:

- if she learns to respect and value herself as much as she respects and values others - and sees herself as someone worthy of love/ attention/ affection

- if she realizes that if a guy doesn't want to stay there is nothing she can do that would make him stay (and she can be as clingy as she wants but that would just push him away faster)

Phantom888

When I was an 18 year-old college kid, I was inexperienced and clingy. I was so overly jealous that I drove away my first girlfriend after 8 months. That taught me a valuable lesson. My next girlfriend was super clingy, and drove me nuts. I figured that was my punishment for my past, and after 3 years, I finally broke it off, and she committed suicide...but survived. *whew*

Clingy women are scarier than clingy men, because they are more extreme, and they are far more emotional. Very few men like clingy women.

mortensorchid

That's sad about your friend and the other story about the girl who attempted suicide. Looking back, I'm sure they are embarrassed that they went to such extremes when today I'm sure it's just another blip on the radar and they're long past it.

I think it's best to let a clingy person know that "it's not all about them". After all, why does a person act clingy? Quite honestly, it's not about the other person that they want, it's really about them. The clingy person may be saying "I just want to be with you", or "I just want to be your friend", but their actions are really saying "You WILL acknowledge me". When the object of their affection does not return their advances or respond in a positive way towards them, that's when they get crazy.

Of course, telling someone to do this is one thing but making them hear and act accordingly is another. I think this comes with time for both men and women alike. I have long since come to the conclusion that I have many things to offer, and if the other really wants to see me again they will contact me for just that. If I don't hear from them again, well that's their loss.