Is he too sensitive??

LisiEeyore

LisiEeyore

[font=arial][/font][color=darkblue][/color]

Can anyone give any advice on a guy that's really sensitive. The man I love and have been dating for the past year is very sensitive. I have known this but it has gotten worse in some situations.

Yesterday was my graduation party (from college not high school) and it's just been very hectic in my family as well so I've been a little more flighty than I typically would be. Just this month we had my graduation, my brother's b-day, mother's day, my baccalaureate, senior formal, 2 weddings, our one year anniversary, his birthday, my party, my brother having surgery, and my dad having some medical issues as well. With all this going on I'm just more nuts than normal as would anyone. At my party we were having fun and he met a lot of my close family friends (he met my entire family almost a year ago).

Anyway I happened to have this party at the Radisson where my brother is an executive sous chef and we are close with his boss who made this fabulous and gorgous party for me and Matt, my boyfriend, was upset when he didn't get introduced. He did however wait to tell me this until we got back home. So of course my being so nuts, I got upset and raised my voice and pretty much got "pissed off" as he said. I apologized for everything and yet still ended up crying for over an hour about it all because he waited and I couldn't do anything. So we ended up crying together for a while and dealing with it all...

So I guess what I'm looking for is how can I deal with this better in the future? How can I avoid this big problem... It's really one of the few conflicts we've had over the past year. In reality his sister has been the cause of more problems than enough and the problems we've had on our own have always worked out easily... This was actually the worst it's been and where I've thought about it the next day after it's been solved... So if anyone has any advice please let me know! I appreciate anything!!!

dudesomewhere

i don't think he's too sensitive...I don't think anyone is ever too sensitive...just sensitive.

conflicts occur when someone is more sensitive than the other. Always flip the picture and first see how it would make you feel, the same or not? I think the guy loves you enough that he wants to know he's a big enough part of your life to mention. Hey, maybe I'm too sensitive...I am a sissy :p

bluechocolate

How can I avoid this big problem...

What big problem? If this is the biggest problem you've had then you're doing pretty well I'd say.

What your boyfriend should have done is offered his hand to this man & said, "We haven't been introduced, my name is......" & presto - no problem.

• Author
LisiEeyore

The funny thing is he definitely said he should have done what my friend's boyfriend did and took the time to say "hi my name is Matt..." In any case this isn't the worst thing but really we do well at getting through things and working them out... It just seems like we were both a little sensitve to everything.

We're talking now about it and it's ok, we've kind of come to a conclusion that we were both just overreacting to things for different reasons. I appreciate the advice... I guess we both get worked over different things and I suppose a lot of it has to do with the fact that I'm moving out of state for a job soon and we're both stressed and just losing it *lol*.. I know that he does in fact love me as much as I him and we have talked about getting engaged before I go.. we've talked a lot and if we can work things out as we do now, I know we'll be ok in the future.

Thanks for all your advice!! :)