Who gives the best advice when you are cheating...the person you're cheating with ?!?

Love2share

Love2share

My boyfriend and I were having arguments about his close relationship with is ex-girlfriend, whom he now conciders his best friend. The more we argued about her, the more he contacted her. He said that he was going to her for advice. Is it possible to get advice from the ex, when the ex is the one we are arguing about?

Mainly we argued because my boyfriend demands that I not associate with any other males except him. Especially not ex-boyfriends. I don't think it's fair when he has his ex still around him.

double standards!!! ugh!

"whack him with your handbag and run" my fav quote for this evening. ;)

he's a donkey for saying such a thing. getting advice from an ex bout the two of you? there's something very wrong about the picture....

not allowing you to contact your exes..... dont be crazy like him, why contact an ex, why not a peer or someone older and wiser, why not a proper consultant.... introduce him to Loveshack (dont tell him your nick ;) )

he needs to grow up.... :mad:

Pyrannaste

Originally posted by chocolatecupcake

My boyfriend and I were having arguments about his close relationship with is ex-girlfriend, whom he now conciders his best friend. The more we argued about her, the more he contacted her. He said that he was going to her for advice. Is it possible to get advice from the ex, when the ex is the one we are arguing about?

Pretty unbelievable but sometimes it is.

One of my friend's ex, in the very same situation, gave him extremely good advice : it was something like "I can understand that your gf is jealous, do your best to reassure her......meanwhile I think it's wise we stop or reduce contact for a while. Stop calling me every day, call her instead."

This ex was *really* his best friend and I think she showed it in that circumstance.

I wonder what kind of advice your bf will get from his ex. I think that if she is only a friend now, and there is no romantic interest whatsoever on both parts, it might even be possible she'll take your side even if she does not know you.

Mainly we argued because my boyfriend demands that I not associate with any other males except him. Especially not ex-boyfriends. I don't think it's fair when he has his ex still around him.

Definitely NOT fair!

Expecially when he knows that his being friend with his ex bothers you. If you didn't mind I suppose it would be a bit different.

Double standards are yucky.

• Author
Love2share

Thanks for the advice. Yes it is yucky. I don't think the ex-girlfriend is telling him to reduce contact with her or anything like that. Especially since he seems to be contacting her more than normal. I mean, we even argue about why he's contacting her more and more. I gave him an ultimatum and told him that if he keeps it up, I would contact my ex-boyfriend whom I know still wants to get back with me.

To stop me from doing that, my boyfriend promised he would stop contacting his ex, because she still wants him too. We both agreed to a clean slate. But he is now secretly contacting his ex. They communicate by mail. She even sends things to his parents address to make sure that I don't check his mailbox. I know this because I found a greeting card hidden in his sock drawer with his addressed to him at his parents home.

I really feel like a fool because I know his parents are wondering why this female is sending stuff to him at their address. I've met them and they are really nice to me. But they haven't warned me about this female. What's going on?