Do guys try to make girls jealous?

emilyxrose

emilyxrose

My thought would be - no! But there's this guy at work i've developed an attraction for. I knew he was attracted to me since we first met he would always flirt with me and told me I was cute and beautiful and that I don't need to worry about getting a guy, I never thought anything of him at the time as I was still getting over my ex. Well one day he suggested nonchalantly that we should "f*ck" or "go to the bar get drunk and hook up". I took it as a joke and didn't really give a response (I felt kind of awkward). Then he asked if I wanted to go eat somewhere but I said no because I was really busy. I think he took it as rejection, and now he barely talks to me and was acting mad toward me. (I did bail on him when he was supposed to help me with something, long story).

Anyway, the other day when I was standing with him and another male coworker he asked our friend how he could "pick up korean chicks" and then looked over at me. Do guys do this as a strategy? Or just not interested anymore..

Edited by emilyxrose
more to story
  • Author
emilyxrose

Yeah it is crude I suppose, but we were good friends so we talked like that all the time, just never toward eachother until he did. Just his personality

So Mr. Rude propositions you in the most crude way possible and then tries to make you jealous?

Run like the wind, far, far away.

• Like 2
Why would you find someone who's so crude, to be attractive? :confused:

I gotta agree.

He sounds like a complete idiot.

• Like 3
Chief Wiggum
Do guys try to make girls jealous?

Not really. But we can act like d!ckheads, though. Which is what your friend is doing.

My thought would be - no! But there's this guy at work i've developed an attraction for. I knew he was attracted to me since we first met he would always flirt with me and told me I was cute and beautiful and that I don't need to worry about getting a guy, I never thought anything of him at the time as I was still getting over my ex. Well one day he suggested nonchalantly that we should "f*ck" or "go to the bar get drunk and hook up". I took it as a joke and didn't really give a response (I felt kind of awkward). Then he asked if I wanted to go eat somewhere but I said no because I was really busy. I think he took it as rejection, and now he barely talks to me and was acting mad toward me. (I did bail on him when he was supposed to help me with something, long story).

Anyway, the other day when I was standing with him and another male coworker he asked our friend how he could "pick up korean chicks" and then looked over at me. Do guys do this as a strategy? Or just not interested anymore..

Yeah, I remember doing that as a 12 to 13 year old boy/teenager. I cringe even now when I recall it. But, hey, it's all part of the normal development cycle they say, so I really ought to get over it. As I got older, not so much so. I have this perverse but rather quaint notion about "Doing onto others as you would have them do onto you". Not even especially gender-related at that. It sounds to me as if you encountered a guy who should still be tied to his mother's apron-strings. Heck, for all I know maybe he is?

It sounds like he is in fact the jealous one and is acting immaturely as a result.

But no, I don't ever try to make girls jealous but it happens sometimes by accident.