It feels so good......

avsguy01

......to be in another relationship! Ive only been dating this girl for a little over 1 month but things are so great! Very comfortable. For ex., last night i was at band practice and she showed up and I went out side to say hi to her, and she just took off running at me and jumped into my arms! Wow that was awesome! This girl is different from all the rest. Ive always thought there was something about her and as our relationship has progressed it's proving to be true. All i can say is im pretty crazy about her :o and its a wonderful feeling :D

That's awesome. I'm so envious of you. The running and jumping thing is great! Like "10" come alive!

Don't wanna put you down, "honeymoon" phase is great! Just don't idealise her or anything. You'll both get hurt if you do. Enjoy it as much as you can, anyway!

• Author
Originally posted by CurlyIam

Don't wanna put you down, "honeymoon" phase is great! Just don't idealise her or anything. You'll both get hurt if you do. Enjoy it as much as you can, anyway!

Hey i dont know if completely understand what you mean by this?

I should have kept my mouth shut! Sorry!

OK, let me try to explain: it's so good to discover and trust some one. I think beginnings are truly seductive! But in your enthusiasm, there exists the possibility of you not looking at her as she really is, but as you would like her to be.

I was only trying to say to keep your "eyes on the road and enjoy the view" :) . I was out of line to have posted previously, because right now I am speculating about this. I only know that every high has its lows! Hope I'm clearer...

I second what CurlyIAm said - enjoy it, but make sure you have a sip of cynicism regularly (it could be your hormones clouding your judgement of her). Always hope it'll work out for the best, but be prepared to face some ugly truth, too. Trust me on this, I'm very quick to get all happy and dreamy, and it takes some work to stay closer to the ground ;)

good luck,

-yes

• Author

Oh okay i gotcha!! I know exactly what you are talking about! Ive dated quite a range of people over the past year. There were a few girls that used me as a door mat and a few that i just couldnt take and got rid of them. Ive always subject myself to opening myself up to someone fairly quickly. Ive learned alot over the past. Now i know to sit back and enjoy the view just like you say. Am i creating an image to myself of her? Absolutely not. Infact we knew each other for about 2 months before we became exclusive. It that time she became a friend, and we just talked and started to learn things about each other. She grew pretty strong towards me and was the first to admit that she had "some kind of feelings for me" I didnt want a relationship and i told her that.

Another 3 weeks roll by and my feelings for her started to grow and i knew more existed other than friends. I took her out on a date and it just all went from there. So yeah, maybe from my first post i made it seem like ive created this image of her, but in all reality this is the first girl that i slowly grew fond of and it feels great. It feels natural. Im very happy. Ill keep you all posted!

I didn't mean to be prepared to the fact that she might not be who you think she is. I was reffering to the enthusiasm. For instance, I remember the first time my boyfriend and I talked over the phone. He was crazy about my accent, even about my grammar mistakes, about everything! I was the "unusual" thing in his life.

He kept emailing me and I would feel his enthusiasm grow. The second time he called he was disapointed. I can't tell you why, but he was. He had built up his expectations and then built up some more... I could see it coming, but couldn't really help it. That's what I meant. No biiiig disapointments, I trust your instincts :bunny: !

Yeah, just remember these times are the times that are gonna make you realize it's all worth it when rougher times come.

Originally posted by Ally Boo

Yeah, just remember these times are the times that are gonna make you realize it's all worth it when rougher times come.

Aw Ally I never thought of it like that before. :love: That's a good way to look at it, I'll remember that!

Congrats Avsguy, it sounds like you're really happy! :D Just enjoy the moment right now...I'm in the exact same moment myself and enjoying it quite a lot!! Your post cheered me right up, it's lovely seeing someone so happy.

Good luck with your girl! :love: