boyfriend's ex girlfriend issues?

beautifuldisaster91

beautifuldisaster91

Well me and my boyfriend have been seeing each other for a few months now. He is 31 and im 21. No one has a problem with our age besides his ex girlfriend before me that he was with for about 2 years. Shes 29 for the record. Shes always had a huge problem with us seeing each other, making up rumors about me, constantly trashing me or him whenever. From day 1 shes been out to separate us. Now i know we can get through this but the things she says still upsets me, even though i dont show it. Now shes online acting like a 15 year old and posting pictures against me saying that its disgusting that im 10 years younger than him and stuff. Me and my boyfriend dont have a problem with the age and consider us to be best friends as well as boyfriend and girlfriend. Only problem is that there are some things i wont really know what hes talking about but he explains it to me after. Im really shy and sensitive but ive been ignoring it. She even lies and claims i stalk her page everyday when the only way i find this out is through my boyfriend. Im really shy and sensitive but ive been ignoring her. Anyways how long it take until she finally gives up and gets bored of me ignoring her? Sorry if this doesnt make much sense but i really need to vent this all out

She even lies and claims i stalk her page everyday when the only way i find this out is through my boyfriend.

This is the problem right here. Why is he even telling you this stuff? Why should it matter what a jealous ex is saying about you? Ask him to stop letting you know because you'd just rather ignore it and pretend she doesn't exist.

And your boyfriend needs to ignore it, too. Why is he still checking her Facebook page? Typically, I think being friends with exes can be fine, as long as everyone is respectful of each other. She's not. She's trash talking you, and instead of blocking her and being done with her, he's apparently still communicating with her and telling her you know what she's posting (how else would she know?) And he's probably telling her how you react, which is just so wrong of him. He's stirring the pot and he needs to stop doing that. She's not going to stop as long as he keeps giving her an audience.

How long have they been broken up? Are you sure he's completely over her?

• Like 1
todreaminblue
Well me and my boyfriend have been seeing each other for a few months now. He is 31 and im 21. No one has a problem with our age besides his ex girlfriend before me that he was with for about 2 years. Shes 29 for the record. Shes always had a huge problem with us seeing each other, making up rumors about me, constantly trashing me or him whenever. From day 1 shes been out to separate us. Now i know we can get through this but the things she says still upsets me, even though i dont show it. Now shes online acting like a 15 year old and posting pictures against me saying that its disgusting that im 10 years younger than him and stuff. Me and my boyfriend dont have a problem with the age and consider us to be best friends as well as boyfriend and girlfriend. Only problem is that there are some things i wont really know what hes talking about but he explains it to me after. Im really shy and sensitive but ive been ignoring it. She even lies and claims i stalk her page everyday when the only way i find this out is through my boyfriend. Im really shy and sensitive but ive been ignoring her. Anyways how long it take until she finally gives up and gets bored of me ignoring her? Sorry if this doesnt make much sense but i really need to vent this all out

I wouldnt let an ex trash talk a current partner if i had one....but i am friends with both my exes......i get very defensive......and i wouldn't pass that info on if it were to make a partner feel bad either......if my exes werent happy for me being with someone.....then they are no longer my friend........if they dont like to see me happy then that to me is a problem.......and it isnt mine to deal with...it is on them ....i would seriously not let trash talk continue......i dont have my exes on face book......for starters..not a fan........deb

• Like 1
  • Author
beautifuldisaster91

I should probably clarify that it was only this one time he really had a talk with me about this. Mainly it was him venting out about her to me so thats what i mean that i found things out through him. Hes friends with a few exes on facebook because he mainly hates cutting anyone out of his life. It has nothing to do with having feelings for them. I respect that about him and trust him. I would never wanna force him to delete them and all since that is his decision to make. And it was all facebook statuses he was venting to me about, not actual messages. If this makes it any easier now to respond to this

• Like 1

I really got the impression from your first post that he was running back and forth between the two of you and tattling on each other. I'm glad that's not what he's doing, but it doesn't really change my opinion. You still know too much about what she's doing. He still knows too much about what she's doing. She shouldn't even be on the radar if she's behaving that way.

He hates cutting people out of his life, but if they're being destructive, he absolutely should cut them out. If some guy were talking **** about your boyfriend and posting photos of him and trashing him, would you keep him around? I would hope not. I think the proper reaction to someone trying to interfere in your life and disrespecting your partner is, "Wow, this is nuts and this person needs to be out of my life."

I would never wanna force him to delete them and all since that is his decision to make.

Then suggest it to him and hope that he makes the right decision. If he can't detach himself from her when she is clearly causing problems, what should that tell you about him? Probably a lot, but the main thing is that he'll allow someone to be in his life (even on Facebook) who is toxic and actively trying to damage your relationship. That's not good.