Is this one crazy or...?

BluEyeL

I'm amazed how many types of people I meet or I'm in contact with doing OLD. This man contacted me on match about three weeks ago. We started to text, and we talked on the phone twice. He told me he's been hurt before and he's very scared, so he takes his time. About a week ago, he sent me an email with a long questionnaire, with questions like "Have you been involved in drugs? Are you able to be a stable provider?" also "what is the best vacation you've been on" etc. I thought it was very odd, but I answered, asked him to answer as well. As soon as I answered, he increased his intensity, and eventually he told me he loved me!!! Told him that's not possible and to put the breaks, we haven't met yet and we don't know if things will work. He keeps now "convincing" me to give him a chance, why don't I want to be with him... Now he's gone to Malaysia for a month. Is this one out of his mind, or what's the deal? When/if he comes back,should I cut him off, or agree to go out with him if he asks (I think he will)?

Poppy fields
You tell me the answer, just to be sure... I think he's kinda crazy...

Just use a magic eight ball. They hold all the answers.

• Like 1
  • Author

OK, I looked into one of those balls and it said it means he wants to get in my pants as soon as possible when we meet. Or he's a serial killer. Or both:laugh:

He is crazy and probably telling other girls the same thing, just waiting to see who bites.

No emotionally healthy person would tell someone they have NEVER MET that they love them!!

I mean under what circumstances is this acceptable/not a sign to run for the hils?

creighton0123

I encountered a guy like that through OLD. He was moving back to my city and we met and talked via okCupid for a bit. I didn't want to get crazy into communication since it would be three weeks until he would be able to go out on a date.

He then began calling multiple times a day, sending nude pictures of himself, etc. He even called me at 3AM once (3 hour time difference).

He knew at one point that I was having a house party because I casually mentioned it and started texting me like crazy while I was hosting the party, calling me mean, insulting me over text, and telling me I was like "every other stuffy gay guy out there".

When you meet a certain level of crazy via OLD, the best way to deal with it is to move on. If they text and call, never respond. Just delete the texts and voicemails and they will move on to unload their crazy onto someone else.

• Like 1
Cutiepie1976

Good lord! So many flaming red flags where to begin!

Next time someone gives you a lengthy questionnaire to complete, hit the delete button, block, and scoot along to the next prospect. Not only is this how people end up being victimized by identity theft, but also there is absolutely no reason for you to attempt to atone for the sins of others. Let him and his airplane-sized baggage stay in Malaysia...Estonia...Nigeria or wherever this character actually resides. Don't be surprised to hear he's been stranded in a foreign airport somewhere, his wallet and passport have been stolen, and after a little tugging on your heartstrings, he needs a small loan to escape.:rolleyes: With dirt-cheap, essentially free VOIP technology, the fact that he gave you a local number is completely meaningless. I'm sure by now you've had the joy of calling customer service for XYZ company and getting someone in the Philippines, India, or Latin America.

BTW, if you suspect scamming or phishing, report it and let the site remove him after their investigation.

Is this one out of his mind

Yes.

When/if he comes back,should I cut him off

Yes.

And the next time a potential date sends you a questionnaire, you'll know not to answer it. You don't need to provide personal details to a stranger. What a weird request.

• Author

He just texted about 2h ago that he got to Malaysia safe, I didn't reply of course. I will let you know if he asks for money :cool: Now I'm a bit scared, hope he doesn't stalk me.

Cutiepie1976

Sorry, didn't mean to be blunt or harsh.

Please don't give out your address to bizarre strangers you've never actually met, especially when they can't even meet for a month because they are traveling.

Cutiepie1976

Haha, that's reminds me of the title of an Eminem song.

BTW OP, why are you still receiving texts from the weird loon? Delete and block his cellphone number.

No need to sit in the middle of a busy highway wondering if you might get hit by a car. He's a pointless distraction at best. Focus on guys you might actually date.

Good luck.

• Author

I didn't give him my address, of course. I don't know how to block cell phone numbers for texting, just for calling. For texting, I can only make them go to the spam folder. It's a nonissue, unless he actually stalks me, I think I was a bit puzzled with this new type of situation (for me) and wanted to see what more experienced daters think of this.

I actually had a nice date on Friday night with a normal guy, and he asked me out again for next weekend, so I'll focus on that one and/or whoever else will look normal down the road.

• Author

I went and blocked him on match, his profile says he hasn't been active in a week. Anyway, don't have time to figure him out. Blocked his cell for calling, but couldn't find a way to block the texts.

I'm amazed how many types of people I meet or I'm in contact with doing OLD. This man contacted me on match about three weeks ago. We started to text, and we talked on the phone twice. He told me he's been hurt before and he's very scared, so he takes his time. About a week ago, he sent me an email with a long questionnaire, with questions like "Have you been involved in drugs? Are you able to be a stable provider?" also "what is the best vacation you've been on" etc. I thought it was very odd, but I answered, asked him to answer as well. As soon as I answered, he increased his intensity, and eventually he told me he loved me!!! Told him that's not possible and to put the breaks, we haven't met yet and we don't know if things will work. He keeps now "convincing" me to give him a chance, why don't I want to be with him... Now he's gone to Malaysia for a month. Is this one out of his mind, or what's the deal? When/if he comes back,should I cut him off, or agree to go out with him if he asks (I think he will)?

Cut him off, that's way too intense.

If he's this bad now imagine if you met and it didn't work out, think how bad he'd get...

Cut him off and don't respond, block him online if he is pushy about it.

• Like 1
venusianx13

Okay, this sounds very much like a scam I recently heard about. To anyone who uses OLD - you should take heed. These people do exactly this, profess to fall hard and fast for you before they've even met you in real life. You've exchanged phone info, email addresses, etc, and have probably spoken via telephone a few or more times. The other party then needs to leave the country for a while. While abroad, they phone you or write you with an emergency - they've lost their wallet (or purse) with ID, passport, money, etc. Can you wire them some money? And if and when you do, they disappear.

I'm not saying this is what happened here, but it sounds very much like what I've heard of this scam. :(

• Like 2