Friend of 6 years, admits her love for me, Get's "Reborn" then turns her back to me

long story short... Met a girl six years ago, dated (hung out, never had sex) briefly with this mysterious bond as we use to call it. Spent most of our relationship on the phone and through email, because of distance between us. She wanted to get envolved, but I regretfully declined. She met someone else and moved away. She and I have never stopped talking either via email or phone(at least everyday since she left) Conversations were mostly about 'what if's' and her complaining that she is not happy nor in love with the guy she was living with. Five months ago, we both finally agreed to having fallen in love with each other and neither of us want to move on without giving each other and honest chance at a relationship. She informed me numerous times that she has no desire to be in her relationship anymore and wanted to find her own apartment. I never pushed her but only listened to her. Pretty much left the situation in her hands. Two weeks ago she told me she found and apartment... she loved me...was no longer in love with her boyfriend and has absolutely NO intentions of marrying him or spending anymore time with him. Two days afterwards she calls me to tell me she was going to attend a Retreat.... to find clarity and inner peace. The day after the retreat ended she sent me an email that she had an unbelievable experience finding God and Jesus. Words cannot explain... except for she had felt 'Reborn Again' ...and that she now wants to stay with her boyfriend AND has every intention of marrying him and spending the rest of her life with him. No remorse, no sincerity whatsoever. It took her three days for her just to call me on the phone and explain herself... all she really did was preach to me. Still no remorse nor sincerity. She says she is finally making the right decision in her life and has a clear mind.

Kinda confusing for me because she was complaining about this guy and her unhappiness for well over two years. Then, in less then 48 hrs, she changed her mind about him and her love for me. Any advice on this situation??? Is she really born again? Was it guilt of loving one man and living with another? Is there hope for her??? Not necessarily us... cause I'm not really worried about us as much as I am worried about her using this new religious experience to run off and get married right away, because she feels she's living in sin. On top of that, I'm suppose to move at the end of the month just to be a little closer to her.

This lady is one screwed up mess. I wouldn't go near her anymore. Cease ALL contact. She jerked you around big time. I don't think she was truthful with you at all from the start. When people start using Jesus to do their dirty work, that's a low blow. You deserve much better. Somehow, forget she exists. I hope you understand she's not in love with you at all or it wouldn't take her a little retreat to become so dedicated to her current boyfriend.

• Author

I was kinda trying to avoid that... as much as you're probably right. Sometimes it takes an outsider to open some eyes.

She doesn't know what she wants and she's so fickle minded. Not a trait to appreciate for a long term serious relationship.

As much as you are sincere, no point getting stress from her. Leave her be......