How many of you guys consider money as an important factor in dating someone?

Dudesmobile

Dudesmobile

How many of you consider money to be a important part of your relationship? Not in terms of giving the girl stuff, but in terms of spending it to do fun activities together, and other things. My girlfriend and I used to go shopping with each other and buy random things that we didn't need which really broke the bank. We used the shopping mall as a safe place to get to know each other out in public. Now we have slowed down on shopping and are starting to go on a more intimate level with each other like actually hanging out at other places (movies, restaurants, and places we can be semi alone) instead of going shopping and buying stuff for each other at random. I guess when your getting to know someone closely, its important to have a safe place to do that before all the close togetherness activities can begin. Am I wrong?

creighton0123

How much money my potential significant other makes is important for me, but not as important as one might think. My requirement is that the individual is financially independent. That doesn't mean someone who can live alone. Roommates are fine (and understandable living in an urban area). Also, the individual should make enough where traveling abroad once every year or two is feasible since I enjoy traveling. Not big, expensive trips, mind you. Travel on the cheap is more than acceptable.

Given that, I expect a potential significant other to make at least 28k a year and be happy with the job they work.