Boyfriend leaving me for the military

Cahoon130lbs

Cahoon130lbs

My Boyfriend is going into the Military. He leaves in two months... Do you think that if I go in with him It would work out?

iceprincess

NOOOOO!!!!! Don't go in with him! Joining the military just because you want to be with someone is the wrong reason. You will regret your decision the first month of boot camp. Trust me. Just because he's leaving doesn't mean everything has to end. You can still write to him and he can call you. Sweetie, you're not going to be having loving thoughts of him when you've got a 30-lb rucksack on your back and going on a 10 mile march. I hope that you'll think more wisely about your decision before you do anything. Good luck.

HokeyReligions

Good Grief NO!

Its not a good idea anyway, besides which you probably wouldn't be stationed with him! There are a LOT of people serving in our military with boy or girl friends at home.

Is he breaking up with you? Did you two talk about not being a couple anymore? How long have you been together? Did you make any commitments to each other? Why is HE joining the military? Joining the military might be good for you on a personal level, but don't join for the wrong reasons. What branch of the military is he joining?

• Author
Cahoon130lbs

now I'm not sure if I'm going in for the right reason. e wants to join the Army but I want to Join the Air Force and become a pilate. we've only been dating for a week but I've known him for three years...

HokeyReligions

Talk to a recruiter before joining to make sure you know what you are getting in to and will be more confident in your decision. Joining the military is, in my opinion, one of the most worthwhile and self-sacrificing things a person can do. I have the utmost respect for our military. I didn't pass the physicals when I was 18 to 20 but I tried repeatedly.

Both being in the service would give you some common grounds - things to talk about and similar experiences and may even further the relationship.