Moving in together compared to spending weekends together

henderson14

I was wondering how similar spending weekends together is to moving in together. Like if your spend whole weekends together and get along well, will it be the same if you move in with someone?

i thought not moving would avoid arguments but some problems were there, his need to dominate and my untidiness, i think you get the problems but in slow motion

I was wondering how similar spending weekends together is to moving in together. Like if your spend whole weekends together and get along well, will it be the same if you move in with someone?

Hmmm.. I wouldn't think so. Living together is more permanent and every day. There's always a Sunday evening escape route.:confused:

Uhh.. Not even close!!! People are on their best behavior in a weekend.. Being together day in and day out and people start showing their true colors.. Not picking up, getting annoyed, leaving the toilet seat up, ect. ect. If you are with anyone enough, you start getting annoyed by them. Of course, the more time you are together, the better idea you will have.. I would encourage anyone to wait ATLEAST 6 months of being with someone.. if not a year BEFORE moving in with them...

mortensorchid

It's a world of difference to live with someone verses spending a weekend together. Then you get to see all their annoying habits and they AREN'T GOING AWAY BECAUSE THEY LIVE IN THE SAME HOUSE AS YOU. Don't jump into it so quickly, be together for at least a year then you'll feel that you know the person well enough. Moving in together? I'm not a fan of it, quite honestly, but that's another ballgame rather than spending weekends together.