Mending a broken relationship..

missmamakate

My boyfriend(Chris) and I started dating on November 10th, 2012. Our relationship is still a baby one, but we've moved quite fast. I suppose this may be a cause of our issues, but I can only hope everything we've said hasn't been a lie, or for nothing.

When we first started dating he was still friends with one of his exes who used to be one of my friends. It didn't bug me until we were at a small get-together one evening where she ended up telling me she never wants him until he's with someone else. I told Chris I didn't feel comfortable, but he could continue to talk to her. About a week later, they broke off communication because she said she couldn't handle seeing him with me. Things were really good after that for a long while, we said "I love you" on Christmas and have spoken once about if we want to get married in the future.

On Wednesday of last week, we ended up getting into a huge fight. I left to stay with my friend but we agreed we were going to move forward with our relationship but take a day to ourselves. Then Friday came along and he broke up with me, claiming that he wasn't sure if he loved me or ever did. It wasn't until later on that he told me he made out with his ex. I told him we could work through it but he wanted nothing to do with me.. Until today. He came over and said he's done a lot of thinking and realized he wants no one else and that he does love me, but since he's never been in love before, didn't know how to handle it. He also said that he doesn't feel he deserves me even though I told him he just made a mistake.

I'm just really looking for any advice anyone could have for me.. I want this relationship to work out, but I've never been in this situation and I don't know how to fully trust him again. I can't hold his hand at school, kiss him and I know sex is out for a while.. Aaahhh help!:confused:

WhatYouWantToHear

Help? How? You know what the right thing is, you just want us to help you justify doing the wrong thing because it will be easier in the short term.

Wash your hands of him.

• Author
Help? How? You know what the right thing is, you just want us to help you justify doing the wrong thing because it will be easier in the short term.

Wash your hands of him.

Well actually I don't think I'm wrong in giving him another chance, he didn't **** and manned up to his mistake. I'm just not sure how to let down the wall I put up.

Well actually I don't think I'm wrong in giving him another chance, he didn't **** and manned up to his mistake. I'm just not sure how to let down the wall I put up.

...and how do you know that??? Because he said so?:confused: Because you feel it?:confused: Well, even though you were uncomfortable about their continued communication, you were ultimately okay with it...even after she told you point blank that she was a threat to your relationship. Look how that panned out for you. He dumped you and went back to her. He's come grovelling back now probably because she's lost interest for the moment. He picked her over you, so there's no challenge for her right now.

He's manned up to what exactly? To the fact that you are his back up plan whenever she refuses to use him as an option?

You teach people what is acceptable treatment of you and whether you deserve respect. This is no different.

Good luck with your decision.

• Like 1