Quantity to find quality.

kaylan

I have to admit...once you really get down and actually put effort into OLD...many of the guys on this forum arent wrong with their approach.

It generally is allllll about your pics and whether the girl could see herself banging you upon seeing those pictures. On OLD personality is truly overrated, so I can see why many guys just message a lot of women. Oh wells, Ive learned to accept that.

I can understand women being picky since they are inundated with messages...but consider the lack of any effort most of them put into OLD...can any of them ever blame guys for not reading their profile, for being about sex, for seeing them as just another broad, for feeling theres more fish in the sea?

Lord knows you dont get fruitful returns when you actually take the time to read someone profile and relate to them. Considering that its pretty factual that some women can just post pics, write 3 sentences, and wait to choose from the prettiest face they see, is it really so bad that a guy maximizes his returns by carelessly messaging many women...and even multidating?

I mean, when it comes to OLD, with how women will text you, have phone calls with you, go on dates, and then things fizzle out...I dont get how some women are still so bothered with men dating a few girls at once. If I were to sit around, paying attention to one girl at a time, then Id have a pretty boring life.

The thing thats most annoying is that girls, who I know for a fact wouldnt ignore me in real life, or would be trying to talk to me in the bar, are the same girls who straight up ignore me online. They read my message, check my profile, and then go on their way.

And with some of the forum threads Ive seen around the web, of how well great looking guys do online and the stuff they say and can get away with...it leaves you really wondering just what % of guys are getting dates on OLD. And wondering how many of those guys are the ones girls are complaining about when they say they havent found the right guy yet. Lord knows if my college buddy D had an OLD profile, that hed be CLEANING UP with women. Hed be def sleeping around a lot.

And lets be real, when someone ignores and rejects you, its because they think they can do better. But the weird thing is, Ive gotten women as good or better than the ones Ive been messaging. So it makes you scratch your head. And it also makes you give a lot of guys on this forum credit with what theyve been saying for a while. Sure some of you will say "just meet these women in real life". Which is true...but also tough given my area. And even with that said, do I really want someone who merely could take a look at a picture of me, and decide she can do better without even caring about what I have to say or who I am personality?

*kanye shrug*

All in all, Im talking to 3 girls right now. One is pretty cool but lives a great deal away, and even if she ends up going to school near me, Im not sure about our long term compatibility. Another is a single mom who Im just exchanging messages with for the playful banter. And the last is a chick who seems slightly stuck up and full of herself, yet has engaged me in a pretty funny convo so far...despite her saying shes only into white guys xD. I dont see it going anywhere though lol

Suffice it so say....despite the cliche idea of quality over quantity....sometimes you have to wade through a large quantity of women to find a quality one.

Edited by kaylan
I have to admit...once you really get down and actually put effort into OLD...many of the guys on this forum arent wrong with their approach.

The thing thats most annoying is that girls, who I know for a fact wouldnt ignore me in real life, or would be trying to talk to me in the bar, are the same girls who straight up ignore me online. They read my message, check my profile, and then go on their way.

And lets be real, when someone ignores and rejects you, its because they think they can do better. But the weird thing is, Ive gotten women as good or better than the ones Ive been messaging. So it makes you scratch your head. And it also makes you give a lot of guys on this forum credit with what theyve been saying for a while.

All in all, Im talking to 3 girls right now.

You're not doing too bad if you're talking to 3 women! How many messages did you have to send to get to these 3??

People are corruptable! Power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absoloutely! Translation: Average girl signs up for OLD, gets TONS of attention and is all of a sudden too good for a man she'd give her number too IRL.

There are 4 types of women who do OLD. 1) Want's to date out of her league. 2) Not over the ex, can't be alone and needs attention. 3) Wants casual sex but goes about it "discretely". 4) Is realistic and doesn't have rediculous standards.

IMO #1 and #2 are the most common. #3 is a small percent and #4 is very rare.

• Author
You're not doing too bad if you're talking to 3 women! How many messages did you have to send to get to these 3??
A lot dude!

But I kinda just skim a profile, take a pause, and write a quick reply that I could see myself voicing in real life. Doesnt take much time or effort. I message 2 sentences for my first message. Only more if the girl seems to be pretty genuine.

People are corruptable! Power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absoloutely! Translation: Average girl signs up for OLD, gets TONS of attention and is all of a sudden too good for a man she'd give her number too IRL.

Lol I feel you. I wont say I havent had periods of added attention from females that made my head a little too big. Heck, sometimes attention from the right girl can really boost the confidence.

There are 4 types of women who do OLD. 1) Want's to date out of her league. 2) Not over the ex, can't be alone and needs attention. 3) Wants casual sex but goes about it "discretely". 4) Is realistic and doesn't have rediculous standards.
The casual sex girls are totally not discrete. When these chicks say they are looking to have fun and nothing serious...we all know what that means...even if the bulk to them say they dont want a guy whos just about sex.

IMO #1 and #2 are the most common. #3 is a small percent and #4 is very rare.

Well screw that...I aint dating down no leagues!, and I pity the fool that do! lolz Edited by kaylan
  • Like 1

It's paramount for your own mental health that you see multiple women if you're single. I cut down on some of the ones I was talking to because their actions told me I had to. It sucks, because now I find myself getting a little needy around the ones I still talk to. Maybe I've been texting them more than usual, or being a little more vulnerable. Attraction weens when you do that. You have to talk to as many women as possible, even if you're not physical with them. Just to keep your confidence high and your emotions in check.

• Author
It's paramount for your own mental health that you see multiple women if you're single. I cut down on some of the ones I was talking to because their actions told me I had to. It sucks, because now I find myself getting a little needy around the ones I still talk to. Maybe I've been texting them more than usual, or being a little more vulnerable. Attraction weens when you do that. You have to talk to as many women as possible, even if you're not physical with them. Just to keep your confidence high and your emotions in check.

Sounds like a decent strategy.

I think a lot of people are like this. Having options usually increases confidence, and lessens your tolerance for bullcrap.

Seriously? You dont have confidence? Why the heck not???

it's the paradox of too much choice meaning that people choose nothing. They get next bestitis, because there are so many guys. The thing is you can get along with a lot of different people so you'd be better off just choosing a 7 than waiting for a 9, but let them find out themselves. I see the occasional smoking hot mid 30s woman who's been online for years, makes you wonder about what's going on, because they certainly would have had their choice of hundreds of men and settled on none, or they get dumped quickly because they have lousy personalities. One of the byproducts is they can look for a guy close to their age, whereas I know tons of women in the real world who date guys anywhere from 5 to 15 years older. I don't have a problem with dating my age in principal other than the fact that there are very few women in the their 40s I find physically attractive. If they took better care of themselves, it would dramatically improve that, but most people don't these days. These days the athletic body type category has become a joke. I just let my OLD profile collect dust as I'd rather just be alone than go on any more dates where I felt almost no physical chemistry. At least in the real world you feel the physical attraction instantly. Meeting someone based on pictures is almost as bad as a blind date and causes a lot of anxiety.

Edited by trevzilla