Would you move to a new city to look for the one?

40 Fonzarelli

40 Fonzarelli

Sometimes its in the back of my mind. What if my soulmate lives in another state? Or maybe ill find more of my type somewhere else? I would totally do it but a part of me thinks I shouldn't make such a drastic change for finding someone. Girls were definitely more friendly and approachable out west as opposed to the east coast. Perhaps my chances will increase by moving out there?

I wouldn't move solely for the purpose of finding love. Change of scenery, job opportunites, new experiences, yes. Love and love alone, no.

If you believe in soulmates, you have to believe no matter what happens in life, you'll find them.

I moved several times for GIGS; from San Diego to Los Angeles and from Los Angeles to Napa. Then Napa to San Francisco, back to Napa, and now to a little town just south of San Francisco.

Sometimes it works. But usually it is the adage of:

"No matter where you go, there you are."

• Like 1

I won't say I moving because of that.

However I am moving to a place that I love, could afford and know ver well- which means I have a better mood which leads to a great social life.

Which I am guessing will help my dating life.

Move just to search for LOVE??? I can undersatnd on a search for happiness, peace, opportunity, or whatever... But LOVE???? That screams all kind of desperate!!!

Boy its time you get your priorities straight... jeez at least first FIND the woman, may she be in another location or whatever but dont go looking willy nilly... you will never find what your looking for! Go on a dating site or some kinda thing like that.... Once you find her then I can understand MOVING to be with someone....

My question is are you really that desperate???? Your "one" may be out there... but you will never find her with that attitude!!

• Like 1
Move just to search for LOVE??? I can undersatnd on a search for happiness, peace, opportunity, or whatever... But LOVE???? That screams all kind of desperate!!!

Boy its time you get your priorities straight... jeez at least first FIND the woman, may she be in another location or whatever but dont go looking willy nilly... you will never find what your looking for! Go on a dating site or some kinda thing like that.... Once you find her then I can understand MOVING to be with someone....

My question is are you really that desperate???? Your "one" may be out there... but you will never find her with that attitude!!

You're a fiesty one. I like you :)

no.... I always strived to be happy without someone first and with someone last, if a person is happy with themselves then the rest will come.

• Like 1

I'm new here, but wanted to put in my thoughts.

I wouldn't specifically move just to find love.

However, I do live in a very, very rural community and it is hard to meet people here. Nowhere to go to meet people.

I've tried online dating, but that's hard too.

I have definitely considered relocating to a city where I can meet more people. Not just for love but also to have a social life.

So I can see where you are coming from.

There's a cultural mis-match between the city I live and who I am. Most of the people I interact with on a daily basis I just.. I dunno, I just don't click with. Men AND women. I've visited plenty of other cities where I do find more in common with the people there, and I do intent to move in a few years. Could 'the one' be in this city? Sure, it's pretty big. But the fact of the matter is that the majority of people here I feel like I'm already incompatible with, so my pool is already smaller.

• Author
40 Fonzarelli

Yea I know it sounds desperate. Or maybe its just the freezing cold that's making me think about florida or california haha

Yea I know it sounds desperate. Or maybe its just the freezing cold that's making me think about florida or california haha

I don't think it's desperate.

Personally, I have a lot more respect for someone who says 'screw this, it ain't working and I'm doing something about it' than someone who just comes to this forum every day to whine. If you think moving is your solution (and you've analyzed this) then do it. Life's too short to stay unhappy. Just the experience of living in new places and meeting new people alone is worth it IMO.

• Like 1