women are crazy! Yet, I still need your help all you beautiful creatures

sweetbilly

Wow, I'm really confused now. The other day, I asked this girl, that i'm absolutely infatuated with, out. She said she had a boyfriend back home and said she couldn't, as she gently touched me on the shoulder. At first I thought she didn't want to see me, however, today she was wearing this absolutely beautiful dress her mother bought for her on easter, and she's a jeans and t-shirt kind of gal. When I asked her why she was wearing it she said "I wanted to look good today" ( I have a feeling it was because of me) then i told her she looked absolutely georgous in it. then she said she had to go back to her room before the next class ( I got the feeling this was so she could change) . I have the feeling this girl does like me and does want to go out, but dosen't want to say so. Could this a sure sign that she does? I know she said she couldn't go out with me, but is she trying to tell me "yes" without actually saying anything? i've never been really good at knowing the "Signs" so to speak. Anyhow I really need a woman's perspective on this. Please help me ladies?

I'm not a lady, but I'm awful at following directions anyway.

From what you described, it seems as if she's definitely interested in you. Either for a clandestine relationship, or just interested in teasing you. Either way, are you willing to put up with that?

she enjoys your flattery and is being the "good girl", not trying to betray her LDR,

but she is lying to herself, and wants you to pursue her.

so she'll just dress up and look her best to get your attention, so she can push you away again.

mabye, she wants to be convinced that your worth it.

ie..say ..."i wish i was your bf i would take you out and show you the time of your life."

or

"i hope your bf treats you good, because i would show you off every chance i got."

I don't care if your a married lesbian nun, we are suckers for this flattery stuff.

Sorry to disagree with the posts before, and maybe it's just me, but it seems like this girl doesn't want too much more than friendship from you.

The touch on your shoulder after you asked her out may have been her way of saying "I'm sorry I can't go out with you because of my boyfriend, but hopefully we can still be friends." Girls are more touchy-feely as a general rule, anyway.

And the dress thing--I'm a jeans and t-shirt kinda gal too, but every once in awhile I like to dress up too--never for somebody else, though. Maybe she really did just feel like dressing up that day.

And no offense, Spencer, but if a guy said any of those things to me, it would be awkward for me to be around him, because I would feel like he's pursuing the issue too much.

Sorry to be the cynic of the group, but this is just my opinion.

I'm a jeans and t-shirt kinda gal too, but every once in awhile I like to dress up too--never for somebody else, though.

I agree! You also have to consider that women sometimes get very flattered when a man shows interest in her. When this happens to me, it makes me feel sexy, and sometimes I will dress nicer or sexier than normal, but NOT because I want the guy, only because I feel sexier knowing that someone has noticed me!

Men like it as well, when attractive women notice them, and flirt with them, and it doesn't mean the man wants to be with the woman, it is just very flattering to be noticed!

If you feel she is flirting with you, you should just explain to her that she is sending you mixed signals, and ask her to clarify her intentions (in a nice way), and let her know that you don't want to mess around with another man's girl.

I don't touch men when rejecting them. If you've got other touching signs, I amy say she's interested.

As for why she wore a beautiful dress, who knows? Maybe because it was worm outside, maybe because she felt like being admired, maybe because her boyfriend liked it.

My point here: try to be sure:

A. she is flirting (misunderstanding the touching and the smile)

B. it's you she's after

Good luck, man and keep your eyes open!

• Author

It's not just that she touched me. We ran into each other the other day at a local store, and she said hi to me when I didn't even see her she could have just walked on without saying a thing but she didn't. Her timing wearing the dress was quite out of the ordinary as well. When we left class that day it seems as though she was trying to deliberately catch up to me so we could talk. This woman is so sweet i'd put up with anything from her, and i know she would never use me; she's not that kind of woman. I'm completely enamored with her, but it isn't affecting my good judgment. does this help?

Well, if you feel like she may be giving you the signs, you can start doing something yourself. Try working together on a project or on a subject and then ask her to have a cup of caffee with you - respecting the rule "strictly school related business", of course :p .