Well she said yes but did I handle it right

OCCDAVE

Well I got off the ph with this girl Gina I just started talking to and she said yes to grabe a bite next Friday/Saturday .I wanted to know if I handled it right cause up Untill now nice guy hasn't worked so I tried being bit edgy .She has a family party today so I figured she would be busy but I figured I'd ask now then again it's a week away anything can happen.

Her-I like that pic you sent

Me-thanks I'm waiting for mine

Her -For sure ill send one during the party

Her-:-)

Me-Call me for a min

Her-hey how's it going

Me-I'm good you

Her-just busy cooking beans

Me-holy crap you can cook beans I can to out the can

Her-hehe naw mine are fresh no can

Me-hey id like to take you out Friday or Saturday how bout it

Her.yes def sounds good

Her.you can meet me here or I can come to the city

Her.most Fridays/Saturdays I'm out with the girls so let me see what their doing and ill let u know

Me-If they go out that's cool but I'm talking about us

Me-so lets grab a bite sound good

Her.hehe ya for sure

Me-k hit me up later and don't forget my pic

Her-for sure ttyl

Did I come off as to jerky or no .I wasn't trying to be just saw the convo getting off topic so I had to bring her back in .

miss_jaclynrae

WHY NO ENGLISH?

Was this on the phone or through text?

I can't even comprehend it, but it sounds.... Good? :confused:

:laugh:

• Like 1
  • Author

Lol sorry maybe the lack of sleep made my post confusing .To sum it up she agreed to grab a bite next week but tried going off topic about her friends .I told her I hope ur friends have fun but I'm talking about us and she agreed .

yeah I think saying that "i'm talking about us" thing was a good move. make sure she knows its you and her, not you and her and 20 of her closest girlfriends plus a bar full of other randoms!

• Like 1
  • Author

I was gonna say its me and her but didn't wanna come off creepy but next time we talk ill mention it.Maybe it wasnt really off topic but truth is I don't really care what her friends are doing ( which I didn't say but thought) I just wanted to see if she wanted to hang .My other question is it ok if we do more of a fun outing like bowling or somtin fun or stick to lunch .

todreaminblue
I was gonna say its me and her but didn't wanna come off creepy but next time we talk ill mention it.Maybe it wasnt really off topic but truth is I don't really care what her friends are doing ( which I didn't say but thought) I just wanted to see if she wanted to hang .My other question is it ok if we do more of a fun outing like bowling or somtin fun or stick to lunch .

if she likes bowling take her bowling but a good first date is better often kept light and informal alfresco lunch would be sweet in my opinion......best wishes....deb

• Like 1
ChessPieceFace

She's prioritizing the girls ahead of you, I'd say that means she doesn't see you as a serious dating candidate yet. Might not mean much yet though, since you are just starting out with her. Try not to be clingy.

• Author
She's prioritizing the girls ahead of you, I'd say that means she doesn't see you as a serious dating candidate yet. Might not mean much yet though, since you are just starting out with her. Try not to be clingy.
Im trying not to I keep contact to a limit and try not to overdue it.Should I only contact her every other day ?
ChessPieceFace

Sorry I only have general guidelines for you, I don't have experience to tell you how many texts is too many or too little. Someone else should be able to, or use common sense. :cool:

• Like 1
  • Author

Oh ok well like I said Friday or Saturday seems like forever away and girls cando 180s so ill keep my fingers crossed and will see :)

I'm confused...when she mentioned her friends, I took it to mean she thought you had only meant like a casual hang (ie not a date) and was saying she would see what her friends were up to so you could all hang out together?

Or did she mean she could only hang if they had no friends?

In either case, not sure why you didn't ask to hang out doing something sooner. A week away is a long time to get sidetracked if you've never gone out before.

But that's just the question that popped into my head...

• Like 1
  • Author

Well to clear up what she said she mentioned on Fridays/Saturdays would be the best days for her cause shes not working and hanging with friends .I wanted to hang out this weekend but were both booked shes busy today and I got plans Tomo.She mentioned one day during the week she gets out at 6.rest of the week she gets out 8 sometimes 9 so that will be real late or maybe it's just me.

IME, yes. I rarely, if ever, have to call.

Curious...why not pick a particular day and time for your date? If you are trying to date her, get away from the casually hanging out vibe of Friday or Saturday sometime. Schedule things. Plan ahead. Also, pick the types of dates that allow you to spend time talking and getting to know each other. Movies and bowling are terrible for a first date since there's no opportunity to just sit, talk, and connect. Most bowling places give you a time slot. One of you is always up and bowling, while the other is sitting. Plus it wrecks a manicure!:p

• Like 1
  • Author

Well days almost over I'm tempted but I'm gonna let today pass and contact her Tomo.tbh if it was up to me I'd pick a day during the week but with her late work and fact she has class it's gonna be slim.Im thinking even if I pick one or the other I'm gonna ask her to meet me in the city where I live that way shes away from the friends and we could god willing have a good time.as far as contact I'm gonna try to limit to maybe few text or one call a day?

JuneJulySeptember
Well days almost over I'm tempted but I'm gonna let today pass and contact her Tomo.tbh if it was up to me I'd pick a day during the week but with her late work and fact she has class it's gonna be slim.Im thinking even if I pick one or the other I'm gonna ask her to meet me in the city where I live that way shes away from the friends and we could god willing have a good time.as far as contact I'm gonna try to limit to maybe few text or one call a day?

Your phone conversation was fine. Text is fine in between now and the date.

Your problem is that you are putting your eggs all in one basket. You're thinking to yourself, "What am I doing to screw up? What can I do to win her?"

What you should be thinking is, "Chances are she'll just want to go to the friendship tip, so I'll just see where it goes and be looking for other women at the same time."

I have a date next week as well, and there is the full possibility she will bail sometime between now and then, bring out a friend when the day comes, etc, etc.

Always play the odds.

• Like 1
  • Author

I won't bs you or anyone on this board cause this board always gives me good advice and helped me alot.I am trying to talk to other girls just really want this one to work but as you said expect friend card or her to bail .Tbh that's part if the reason I'm trying to limit contact so I don't get use to talking to one girl owell time will tell .

Btw should I really expect any girl not talking about this one but any future one to make contact first

• Author

Well she texted me

Hey you!! I didn't forget about the picture. .I didn't take any picture with my cell..just with my friend camera.

But I'm waiting her post it on Facebook. .lol

Anyway kinda glad she made contact first :) yippie

Btw ask her now cause I'm at work or wait till I get on the ph to confirm our outing .I also heard its not the best to be texting till you really know the person or nowadays doesn't matter ?

JuneJulySeptember

Btw ask her now cause I'm at work or wait till I get on the ph to confirm our outing .I also heard its not the best to be texting till you really know the person or nowadays doesn't matter ?

Don't worry about the silly touch and go rules.

Just don't make a big deal about it. If you want to talk to her, call her and talk to her.

Like last week, I called this chick and she was at work. So, I said I'd call her back later at night. I was fully prepared for it to go to voicemail, ask her to call me back, and then never hear from her again. :lmao:

But she picked up and we talked for an hour and a half.

For every question you ask on dating etiquette outside of common sense, there will be two women who think the opposite answer is true. And you'll NEVER know which kind of woman the one you are getting to know is. For example, cologne. Some women, hell yes. Some women, hell no. Right?

Just do whatever and try and think about the consequences as little as possible. Definitely err on the side of boldness and confidence and edginess like you are already doing though.

• Like 1
  • Author

Oh ok thanks again for all the advice.I agree just go with the flow and don't stress it whatever happens then it so be it.Well lets see how this unfolds and again thanks everyone.

• Author

Well Friday for me is booked my sisters b day so we are going out as a family sigh I hope Saturday works she just called me and is gonna call me back so will see