Not sure about his intentions

amythan

Hi there,

I met a guy at work who is based in a different location. We got along extremely well and we start talking by email every day. Few times per day. He is really funny and we have lots of fun together. He asks lots of things about me he looks really interested in everything I tell him. He teases me and calls me stupid names like lazybones. He told me i am really cool, bright, interesting and attractive and he says that when he is in town we should go out for a coffee or drink. He sent me a song and he tries to cheer me up when i am sad. He shares also lots of personal stuff with me.

He has friends and except if he is extremely bored at work (and i know he is not because he is really busy) he has no reason to do that. We just met two months ago so we are not friends. Despite he claims we are friends.

So i guess he is interested ... but he has a gf !!!

Let's not talk about if it is right or wrong me talking to him or why i am doing it. I just want to figure out what he wants and what are his intentions.

I have been in similar situations twice in my life. One was a guy trying to have an affair and not giving a sh*t about me really. I mean he liked me but he had no intentions of breaking his relationship. The other one was the greatest person i met in my life. He finally broke up with his gf and we finished living together for nine years and he is still my friend.

So the new guy, what does he want ? Is it possible he just want to be friends ?

He might want an emotional affair with you. Are yopu p[repared to put your hopes and dreams in to him, only to have them dashed?

Does his GF know about you?

I'd say cut-ties, move-on, and cultivate real dating options instead of wasting time here.

• Author

Ummm probably the same he doesn't understand either as he is contacting me everyday.

People who know each other for two months are not friends and they do not contact each other to be cute and flirty. I have real friends, he is not. I do not know what he wants, maybe he doesn't know either but if i was a guy he was not doing this for sure.

miss_jaclynrae

Emotional affair is written all over it.

You are fun, you are interesting, he has a connection with you... but this is going nowhere darling.

Hate to say it but cut your losses or be prepared for a lot of heartache.

What he is doing isn't fair to his current girlfriend either, and I personally would not feel comfortable continuing such a situation when it is clear feelings are getting involved.