Q: "Do you love me?", A: "yes", "Well I don't love you!"

Mrlonelyone

We talk about when to say those three words on here. I remembered a time where a girl asked me if I loved her. I kinda liked her at least and said yes. She said to me "Well I don't love you!" and stormed away like I'd done some horrible thing.

This was years ago so I'm not stressing over it. It's funny to me now. What I don't get is why would anyone do that sort of thing? Ask if you love them only to turn around and declare their non-love for you.

Anyone else have any stories like that to share?

lol that's fked up. What a jerk.

My first serious boyfriend spent a whole night telling me how his friends all say that we are in love and teasingly asking me if I love him etc. I kept blowing it off cause I didn't want to say it first...well finally during one of the times he was like "so and so says we are in love" or whatever, I was like "I do love you" and he got all quiet and then says "I'm not in that place yet"

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

I was like really so that's why you talked about us being in love ALL NIGHT LONG. lol I felt so stupid.

the next day he apologized and said he got nervous and said ILY to me too. but still. the moment was ruined lol.

That was the one and only time I said ILY first!

My first serious boyfriend spent a whole night telling me how his friends all say that we are in love and teasingly asking me if I love him etc. I kept blowing it off cause I didn't want to say it first...well finally during one of the times he was like "so and so says we are in love" or whatever, I was like "I do love you" and he got all quiet and then says "I'm not in that place yet"

I was like really so that's why you talked about us being in love ALL NIGHT LONG. lol I felt so stupid.

the next day he apologized and said he got nervous and said ILY to me too. but still. the moment was ruined lol.

That's so misleading of him! People are indeed weird. I had a somewhat similar moment with my ex too. We were lying in bed talking about love and whatever else and I accidentally said something like 'I do... love... you' and I immediately wanted to slap myself for doing it. He waited a few seconds but said ILY too and we just hugged. I swear, though, for those few seconds I was petrified lol

• Author

That totally sucks. Not only was it misleading but it was a manipulative headgame. At least they said it eventually.

I for one have said I love you to enough people and not heard it back that I'm never ever going to say it to anyone again. I will show my love with my works, and actions, and gifts to them. However when I say it, people get skiddish on me.