Why certain men hate women?

edgygirl

Most women certainly came across one or two misogynists while dating, and more than a few online. They have this attitude that is sometimes hard to pinpoint but our sixth sense can usually tell there's something wrong with their behavior.

I was doing some research and came across this article explaining why certain guys are misogynists.

Top Reasons Why Men Hate Women | Alphanista

( I know, I know... please ignore the site name :rolleyes:)

Do you people agree these are the reasons, is this article reading too much into it, or is there more beyond that? And how do you pinpoint when you first date if a guy is a misogynist so you can run for the hills?

Also: it this a life-long "condition"? ;)

Edited by edgygirl
  • Like 1

One of the biggest misconceptions in life is that the only men who hate women are ones that unsuccessful daters. Now most are, but not all, trust me. To me though I see a general theme from both haters(male/female).

Women who hate men tend to be mad because they were hurt in the game

Men who hate women tend to be mad because they were never in the game

• Author

I agree one of the reasons is being rejected by women, but I've met at least one very handsome, very successful dater who was a total misogynist. I didn't get the concept back then and went on a few dates. Until the day he told me how he hated his mother and things made sense.

• Like 1

Lulz I want women but women don't want me so women are stupid sluts and whores. Men invented everything on the planet and women should respect that! I'm a good guy and women only want *******s, because they are stupid! I don't need some stupid girl ruining my awesome bachelor life! If women were logical I could deal with them!

Encountered a few myself, haven't noticed any grow out of it...if anything they become worse as time goes by. Worshiping everything some guy does while dismissing any accomplishment a woman could have.

Really don't care the cause of a man or woman hater, just bloody avoid them before their statistics start to rot my perspective.

• Like 1

Why are there so many women misandrists?

Clearly from the sound of that article, that women is one.

See what I did there?

Besides, why does it matter to you whether or not a certain men dislikes women? If you are not dating him, then he isn't bothering you in any way.

• Like 4
From what I see (on both sides) the hatred stems from a lack of trust. Lack of trust leads to fear and fear eventually leads to hatred. Similar to how racism works.

I do feel the people are too quick to call come people "woman haters" though. All you have to do is make one criticism or one observation that is not politically correct, or admit to only wanting sex and suddenly you "hate women". [/i]

No one can really deny this

• Author

Guys, it's easy to start analyzing what the woman who wrote the article is or is not about. But that is shooting the messenger. There are a zillion articles like this and I just picked one of the first that popped out.

I think it would be more interesting to hear what everyone thinks about the concept and the points, than to focus specifically on this article, the site name, etc. I'm interested in finding out what people feel about misogyny and why it happens.

At "40+" (amazing how everyone remembers my age when I hardly think about it), as many 20+, or 30+, I came often across this type, in dating or online, as stated in the OP. So I'm sorry, it's not that "I believe in this trash", I know it's out there.

Ninjainpajamas

Well I skimmed through it (even though I didn't want to)...it was a poor read and completely ridiculous and redundant reasons, I'm a little worried for you edgygirl if this is the kind of material that you can take seriously on the internet...you'd strike me as immature or gullible If this wasn't a "joke".

Men hate/resent women for different reasons...some guys it's more towards not being able to adapt and attract women by meeting that status quo and others are successful with women and dissatisfied with them for who they are and how they operate as a whole.

You likely won't be able to tell right off the bat, you'd have to observe his behavior as usual and look for the subtle remarks that may imply his attitude or demeanor towards women as a whole usually in form of an opinion not necessarily an action...of course the more obvious ones will show their true colors however don't be surprised if the man is the exact opposite of what he appears to be or represent.

And yes it's likely a life time issue.

• Like 1

There are some very intelligent women on this board that I really admire and I am grateful to them for sharing their experience and knowledge here, but sometimes the garbage they post to contribute to the already existing nonsense on the website is unbelievable.

• Like 1
  • Author

Aren't things politically incorrect for a reason?

I'm not sure though if a guy only wanting sex and no relationship makes him a woman hater, don't have a formed opinion on that yet. That would be an interesting point to discuss, from a psychological standpoint.

I do think though that men who are disrespectful to women and make typical politically incorrect comments based solely on their gender are usually misogynists.

No one can really deny this
  • Author
Well I skimmed through it (even though I didn't want to)...it was a poor read and completely ridiculous and redundant reasons, I'm a little worried for you edgygirl if this is the kind of material that you can take seriously on the internet...you'd strike me as immature or gullible If this wasn't a "joke".

Ninja, read my post above yours. It's not about the article. It's about the concept. I just picked one of the first that popped out to illustrate.

• Author

Hmm I'm sorry if I am touching some nerves here. I think this topic is a 100% valid one. I honestly don't think the concept is garbage. You think misogyny doesn't exist?

There are some very intelligent women on this board that I really admire and I am grateful to them for sharing their experience and knowledge here, but sometimes the garbage they post to contribute to the already existing nonsense on the website is unbelievable.
  • Author

Is this article from a psychologist more acceptable?

http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/evil-deeds/200908/anger-disorder-part-four-frustration-madness-and-misogyny

or these ones by an Anthropologist?

http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/the-tangled-wing/201210/misogyny-chauvinism-sexism-or-what

http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/the-tangled-wing/201209/is-misogyny-maladaptive

Perhaps men will feel more comfortable talking about an article written by a guy and not someone they deem to be a "misandrist". In any case, the first article I posted is not the point. I am interested in the concept and what people think about it.

• Author

Alright, forget about that specific article if you think it's ridiculous. Tell us what you think about the topic in general or the articles on PsychologyToday.

And you didn't answer my question. Do you think misogyny doesn't exist?

:laugh: As ridiculous as I think it is that article was about misogynists, so it didn't touch any of my nerves at least.
Edited by edgygirl
Alright, forget about that specific article if you think it's ridiculous. Tell us what you think about the topic in general or the articles on PsychologyToday.

And you didn't answer my question. Do you think misogyny doesn't exist?

Misogyny exists. Obviously. I have encountered many but only seen ONE misogynistic penis. It wasn't small. Nor was he. Both were above average at 9+ inches and 6ft 5. But all the other aspects of the blog rang true. In fact this man was a premature ejaculator.

Sorry guys. I know it wasn't his fault. At least i hope not.

There are just as many man haters as woman haters (though i hope the percentage is low).

I can smell these men from a mile away. So its not a problem for me. If its a problem for you ladies you are believing the liessssss.

STOP.

• Like 1
  • Author

Good try. In my age I have "expectations" right? So it wouldn't work out on your side :D Nor in mine as I'm not interested in younger guys.

So I think the problem is not the ridiculousness of the article. Is that there's no interest to admit that the issue exists, or discuss it.

LOL. Only if you promise to date me.
  • Like 1
Is that there's no interest to admit that the issue exists, or discuss it.

I am not answering because of the rejection. I need to cope with that first.

Everybody else, please stay on topic.

They exist for the same reason man haters exist. They have a bad experience or two and as a result they want to condemn the entire gender.

• Like 1

I only ever went on one date with a misogynist. In that case, it was his cultural background that caused it. He flatout admitted that his culture is mysogynist. I don't think he really understood just how horrible it is to say something like that to a woman on a first date. He spent most of the date complaining about how our culture celebrates the independence and personal empowerment of women. He hated it that his point of view is unacceptable.

Yeah I think he was a bit of a moron in addition to being a mysogynist.

It does seem that a lot of women here lately, are blaming their dating woes on men. We saw that on the other thread (about dating in your early 30's) where *you* edgygirl, and some of the women were CLAIMING that men on here were saying that just because they were past 30, they were undatable. And then when I asked you to back up your claims in that thread--point out some posts from guys on here, you didn't respond. Nor did any of the other women. C'est la vie.

Anyway, to your OP on this thread: There are a lot of people in each gender who hate the opposite gender. Could be because attraction is illogical and cruel.

If you are a woman, you could be Mother Theresa Incarnate but for many men, if you aren't his physical type, you aren't going to attract him. He will instead go for a woman who might not be nearly as beautiful on the inside but whom he is more attracted to physically. That's unfortunate that we are shallow like that, but that is how we are. So many women hate men.

If you are a man, you could be the greatest guy in the world who has his life together and who treats women the way you were taught by your mom and sister, but if you don't have that "edge", many women will leave you for the deadbeat who does. So many men hate women. C'est la vie.

Edited by Imajerk17
  • Like 1

Because some women are bitches. Just the way it is.

Just like some men are dicks and have tainted some women's perception of men.

Some bad apples ruin it for both sexes.

There are tons of women out there worth disliking. Girls with entitlement issues, ice queens, attention whores, airheads, etc.

I don't think it's "certain men hate women" I think it's "men hate certain women".

• Like 2