I have seen many posts all over LS about men behaving badly.

Brit

My best advice, leave it or take it, is to use reverse psychology, if the dimwit is even worth that effort. An example:

If they like to try to mess with your mind or play games, toward posts such as, 'My boyfriend says he is going out with the guys and girls from work and I am not invited,' he wants to date me and another girl, he makes remarks about other women.'

With the most bubbly voice, smile, and positive choice of words, tell them, 'I think that is wonderful, have a great time, I am sure it will be fun! or 'Wonderful, yes go date her, I think you will have a fantastic time!' 'You are right she is Uber Hot.'

Trust me this will mess with their heads......if they are jerks, psychologically hammer them:)

• Like 1

Reverse psychology can work if the person has an inkling of care. Otherwise they just do what they want anyway without regards to propriety or the feelings and sensibilities of others. IME, such agreeing rarely works with 'small world' people. They usually laugh. However, if an otherwise loving and generous and faithful partner has gone off the rails, it can promote a moment of reflection, perhaps opening a meaningful dialogue. So, mixed bag. Depends on the person and situation.

• Like 1
  • Author

Some men love and enjoy tears, begging, etc., and get off on it, the best way to repel these men, and rid of them with satisfaction, is do not give one sh*t one way or the other, and use reverse psychology...it will really really piss them off:)

Not giving a shyte can work, if one can feel it authentically. For a normally caring person, such a change can be difficult, but possible. Perhaps situational 'not giving a shyte' is something which can be practiced and perfected. I learned a version of this while dealing with a mentally ill person for a number of years. I think many/most people learn such tools at a far younger age than I did. I find it a very useful tool now; helps in all kinds of interpersonal relations. I find it, and 'agree and/or redirecting' to promote a positive feeling, respecting both an intrinsic desire to care as well as the boundary of respect and civility from others.

• Like 1
  • Author
Not giving a shyte can work, if one can feel it authentically. For a normally caring person, such a change can be difficult, but possible. Perhaps situational 'not giving a shyte' is something which can be practiced and perfected. I learned a version of this while dealing with a mentally ill person for a number of years. I think many/most people learn such tools at a far younger age than I did. I find it a very useful tool now; helps in all kinds of interpersonal relations. I find it, and 'agree and/or redirecting' to promote a positive feeling, respecting both an intrinsic desire to care as well as the boundary of respect and civility from others.

Reverse psychology does work most effectively on men with personality disorders, have an inner hatred of women, or play games. It does leave one with dignity and self esteem. It is not used to keep the guy, but keep the upper hand and walk away with class, and them fuming because they did not get the tears, begging, wondering waaay too much. Yes, you learn this through experience:)