Can guys get broody?

Sugarkane

I was watching a movie with my boyfriend the other night. The main character had an unplanned pregnancy. Then my boyfriend said that could be us. Meaning birth control isn't fool proof, even though Ive taken it for years and never been pregnant. He also brought up out of the blue that if I got pregnant hypothetically, I would have to take out my belly button piercing. What gives?

• Author
Of course they can.

How? Why? I envy men because you don't have to choose between a career and children. You're not the one stuck at home with a baby all day.

How? Why? I envy men because you don't have to choose between a career and children. You're not the one stuck at home with a baby all day.

:) that's probably why they get broody - they get to have the cute baby without the sacrifice.

Actually that's not fair, lots of guys these days help raise babies.

Some guys just really want one of their own. I think that's fairly natural.

Some men go to work and hate their job. Looking at a watch all day long counting down the hours, hating every second.

I didn't realize some women could hate being at home taking care of their child as much as a guy can hate his job.

Personally, I enjoy my work and hopefully will find a girl that will like staying home and put as much into raising a kid from the aspect of raising the kid at home as I do to making sure there is a home to raise them in.

skydiveaddict

Don't you have that choice as well? Or is someone forcing you to have children.

• Like 1
  • Author
Some men go to work and hate their job. Looking at a watch all day long counting down the hours, hating every second.

I didn't realize some women could hate being at home taking care of their child as much as a guy can hate his job.

Personally, I enjoy my work and hopefully will find a girl that will like staying home and put as much into raising a kid from the aspect of raising the kid at home as I do to making sure there is a home to raise them in.

I'm the eldest so I got all the pressure to do well career wise. Typical first born pressure. I wanted my own money so if I got cheated on and divorced for someone half my age or something, I wouldn't hopefully be stick in poverty. I don't want to be a woman that has no interests besides children. That's why parents never want an empty nest for some reason.

I don't think women have to choose between a career and children at all!

Maybe I'm naive, but I think one can go through phases. Years ago I was a paralegal at a law firm and one of my bosses was a super high powered corporate attorney...early 30's, really pretty, making tons of cash. She enjoyed a lot of creative pursuits and knew all sorts of interesting, famous people, and I assumed she had just decided she never wanted to settle down and have a family...that she had essentially "chosen her career."

Almost ten years later, long after I had left that firm, I ran into her at a networking event. Lo and behold, she was pregnant, had gotten married a month ago, the whole nine yards. At the moment, she continues working part-time at the same firm. She seems to spend a good amount of time with her baby too. My guess is that once the kid is a bit older, she can go back to her career (if she wants to) since she's working part-time and keeping her professional skills fresh.

It's just different steps in life, IMHO. To everything, there is a season, or so I like to believe. :)

• Like 1
I don't think women have to choose between a career and children at all!

Maybe I'm naive, but I think one can go through phases. Years ago I was a paralegal at a law firm and one of my bosses was a super high powered corporate attorney...early 30's, really pretty, making tons of cash. She enjoyed a lot of creative pursuits and knew all sorts of interesting, famous people, and I assumed she had just decided she never wanted to settle down and have a family...that she had essentially "chosen her career."

Almost ten years later, long after I had left that firm, I ran into her at a networking event. Lo and behold, she was pregnant, had gotten married a month ago, the whole nine yards. At the moment, she continues working part-time at the same firm. She seems to spend a good amount of time with her baby too. My guess is that once the kid is a bit older, she can go back to her career (if she wants to) since she's working part-time and keeping her professional skills fresh.

It's just different steps in life, IMHO. To everything, there is a season, or so I like to believe. :)

She got lucky to find a man in time. Most late thirties 40 something year old women can't count on things going so smoothly for them. Women are under a ton of pressure these days as they have to have everything going at the same time. Men can focus on their career and postpone love and family as much as they want.

She got lucky to find a man in time. Most late thirties 40 something year old women can't count on things going so smoothly for them. Women are under a ton of pressure these days as they have to have everything going at the same time. Men can focus on their career and postpone love and family as much as they want.

Correction: Most late thirties-40 something year old women who are super picky can't count on things going so smoothly for them. I can honestly say I've NEVER met, IRL, a late 30's-40 something woman who couldn't find ANY man if she wanted to. Sometimes the guy was handsome and rich, but say, 20 years older. Sometimes the guy was not super-educated but had a stable job. There are trade-offs but anybody who wants to be with someone can find someone.

It's about priorities, being willing to make compromises, etc. Someone who wants something badly enough (husband, kids at 40, for e.g.) will get it.

I haven't gotten "broody" yet, even though I know I want kids someday.

My girl, on the other goes "squeeeeee!! oh wook at the cute widdle baybeeeee!!!!" every time she sees some bald, moon faced, mini human.

One of my best guy friends told me that he was excited for kids starting way back in high school. :eek: He's on kid number 2 now at the age of 28, haha.

Hey, whatever floats your boat, I guess...

• Author

Everyone on here Is so quick to judge women as gold diggers. Yet I mention I want my own career- that us how my generation was brought up. And now you're attacking me? Odd.

I want a lot of kids. Its the husband that's optional.

Why not become a nursery school teacher? Lots of kids and you get paid to watch them. Then you can go home to your quiet, clean home.

my body is a cage
I was watching a movie with my boyfriend the other night. The main character had an unplanned pregnancy. Then my boyfriend said that could be us. Meaning birth control isn't fool proof, even though Ive taken it for years and never been pregnant. He also brought up out of the blue that if I got pregnant hypothetically, I would have to take out my belly button piercing. What gives?

lol guys cant get broody, their testicles block all their broody hormones :p

jk, guys can get pissy as hell. he sounds like my ex who had a son and would randomly get sullen and anti-sex because he didnt like condoms and didnt want me to take birth control because its bad for my body and he cant handle having one son and oh dear! what a pain. another unplanned pregnancy was his worst nightmare i guess, as unplanned pregnancies are most guys [and girl's worst nightmares]. somehow i feel like guys are more sensitive about it because they feel like it is their responsibility and fault if it doesnt happen bc "girls dont have sex drives."