I can't shake off this gutted feeling

Genie1

I don't usually let myself get bothered by men issues. But this one reeled me in good and proper, considering I didn't think much of him at first.

But he grew on me, and I really ended up liking him.

Just as that happened, he disappears off the face of the earth. Rejected my invite for drinks (which he suggested)!! I am gutted. Constantly checking my phone, checking Facebook. I can't shake it!

I think maybe it's because I've not had closure. I.e an actual reason WHY he's done this. Personally I think it's something to do with his Poker playing addiction. I knew he liked playing it, but I thought it was a hobby. Now I know nothing about the game but he's telling me the reason he is "distant" at the minute is because he's got tons of tournaments to play before the end of the year because its worth a lot of money for him next year.

Anyone shed some light on this for me? I guess I don't want a potential partner who sits in front of the computer 24/7 anyway... But I'm still feeling so flat :-(

I don't usually let myself get bothered by men issues. But this one reeled me in good and proper, considering I didn't think much of him at first.

But he grew on me, and I really ended up liking him.

Just as that happened, he disappears off the face of the earth. Rejected my invite for drinks (which he suggested)!! I am gutted. Constantly checking my phone, checking Facebook. I can't shake it!

I think maybe it's because I've not had closure. I.e an actual reason WHY he's done this. Personally I think it's something to do with his Poker playing addiction. I knew he liked playing it, but I thought it was a hobby. Now I know nothing about the game but he's telling me the reason he is "distant" at the minute is because he's got tons of tournaments to play before the end of the year because its worth a lot of money for him next year.

Anyone shed some light on this for me? I guess I don't want a potential partner who sits in front of the computer 24/7 anyway... But I'm still feeling so flat :-(

How long were you with this guy?

I'm going through a similar situation now...got reeled in by a guy I wasn't crazy about, ended up crazy about him, he chose that moment to become flaky and insulting and disrespectful and has slowly fallen off the face of the earth. I realize on an intellectual level that he's scum, but the lack of closure has made the healing process nearly impossible; I keep wondering if something about ME made him unable to treat me with respect or decency.

The important thing to realize is, it doesn't really matter why he's fallen off the face of the earth. It could be many things. You're right, you DON'T want an addictive poker player, nor do you want a guy who is so emotionally retarded that he can't properly end a relationship, but chooses to run away like a frightened teenage girl. Whatever reason a man like that chose to leave you, it was probably a lousy decision because he is a lousy person. If he left because of his online gambling, he's a socially retarded online gambler. If he left because he met someone else, that someone else is also probably a loser who is willing to accept a guy like him, with no communication skills and an online gambling addiction. And so on and so forth.

It's hard at first, I'll be the first to admit it. But the more you think that way, and don't take it personally but put it on him, the more convinced of that fact you'll be.

Good luck!!!

• Like 1