Would you feel uncomfortable with a woman who looks like a teenager??

MyPoutine

I'm 27 but don't look even close to that age, most people who I've told my age asked to see my ID before they believed me, right now people say I look about 15/16...when I make an effort to dress more "grown up" I get 18/19

This is a bit worrying, when I eventually start dating I'll aim for guys in the 30's age bracket. Looking the way I do we will look like a teenager/adult couple, unless he looks young too.

I remember when I was dating before meeting my ex, several of my dates asked to see the D.O.B on an ID because I looked so young they were scared I may be a teenager fooling about.

So would you (regardless of gender) feel uncomfortable being with a person who looks so young?

you'll be glad of this look when you're 37

you'll hear "wow you only look 22"

wear moisturiser start now, at 50, you'll be envied

at 60 I'm on the way out, mind you!

some men like teens, but you could try dressing differently/

• Like 1

Yes, because I look younger than I am myself. I was constantly discriminated growing up because I looked younger... When I was 14, girls teased me for looking like 8 while boys beat me up, you can imagine how often I got laid as a teenager :lmao:

Anyways I now look like 19 or so at 25... some grandmas would still think I'm 14 but that's okay.

I'd be fine with someone who looks young, but if I myself looked like 35, not so much. I wouldn't want people on the street looking at me like I'm a pervert or anything. Of course, when I am falling in love or really liking someone the opinion of other people doesn't matter at all, but I don't think you were looking for that type of general answer.

• Like 1

Well for one, I know I would. Like most men, I want my women to look like they're pushing 70, at least, 65 maybe (but that's pushing it). I know I've friendzoned plenty of women for looking "young" as you may put it, or "disgusting" if you ask me.

But you know, that reminds me of my own troubles. I haven't worked out once in my life, but people just assume that I must be a fitness freak, because of how naturally built and toned my body looks. I don't even make a point to wear tight clothing and yet still, people remark every day on how "fit" I am. I'm worried that girls who are into guys with active lifestyles will want to date me, but lose interest once they find out that my interests are limited to day drinking and lying around on the couch and bed. So would you (regardless of gender) feel comfortable being with a person who doesn't have to work out to maintain a toned body?

• Like 4

So would you (regardless of gender) feel uncomfortable being with a person who looks so young?

Yes, I'd be very uncomfortable. I couldn't date a man who looked like a teen, mainly because I don't find teenage boys sexually attractive in any way.

Looking very young would be worse for a man than it would be for a woman.

• Like 1
  • Author
you'll be glad of this look when you're 37

you'll hear "wow you only look 22"

wear moisturiser start now, at 50, you'll be envied

at 60 I'm on the way out, mind you!

some men like teens, but you could try dressing differently/

I do take care of my skin, it's a double edged sword...

Yes, because I look younger than I am myself. I was constantly discriminated growing up because I looked younger... When I was 14, girls teased me for looking like 8 while boys beat me up, you can imagine how often I got laid as a teenager :lmao:

Anyways I now look like 19 or so at 25... some grandmas would still think I'm 14 but that's okay.

I'd be fine with someone who looks young, but if I myself looked like 35, not so much. I wouldn't want people on the street looking at me like I'm a pervert or anything. Of course, when I am falling in love or really liking someone the opinion of other people doesn't matter at all, but I don't think you were looking for that type of general answer.

That's the problem, looking back at some conversations with my ex he did mention how young I looked compared to him and when we were physically together sometimes we would get funny looks...I just assumed it was something else

As a guy I guess it's not too bad now anyways unless you are into older women, not quite as pervy...

• Author
Well for one, I know I would. Like most men, I want my women to look like they're pushing 70, at least, 65 maybe (but that's pushing it). I know I've friendzoned plenty of women for looking "young" as you may put it, or "disgusting" if you ask me.

Yep, I knew someone would do this.

Yes, I'd be very uncomfortable. I couldn't date a man who looked like a teen, mainly because I don't find teenage boys sexually attractive in any way.

Looking very young would be worse for a man than it would be for a woman.

I think if a woman looked 18 - 20 that's okay and hot but when you dip past the "legal" line it starts to get a bit weird...

Yeah it seems again with men below the legal line - 0, past it's okay.

Not if she acted and dressed appropriately. Actually for a woman I would have thought this was a blessing and not a burden, in most cases. You are lucky even if you don't think you are. You'll be discounted by some guys over it but many will appreciate your youthful look, even if they feel a little self conscious over any perceived age discrepancy by others.

What do you mean by 'when I eventually start dating'?

• Like 1
Ninjainpajamas

You know id probably take a little time adjusting to it...but I respect you as a woman and and as a person because you're not actually the age you look id still treat you in the way that I feel about you and wouldn't let other people make me feel uncomfortable about being w you because they don't know any better...honestly id completely not care and ignore it after a short time...I don't think you deserve some kind of special negative treatment over it, I'm not going to feel awkward and make you feel awkward in turn for it. I'm sure they'll be some moments but we could just adjust to that.

Like I said...there would be an adjustment period for it but I doubt that I couldn't overcome it...I'm a confident guy though, I'm not as worried about what others think if I'm using good judgment and doing what I feel is right.

• Like 2

This is an interesting thread. I am in my mid-40s but people usually guess my age around late 20s/early 30s. Which is great, except I am mostly attracted to guys a little older than me, and I think I get passed over sometimes because they assume I am too young for them.

The good news is that I had the same problem at your age, but I didn't have problems with boyfriends. Maybe there were guys that didn't ask me out because they thought I was too young, because the guys that did ask me out knew me a little bit before asking. I did make a pretty big effort to always dress grown-up though.

• Like 1
fortyninethousand322

I think it would be funny. I'm 25 but look like I'm somewhere around 35-40 judging by what others frequently guess my age to be. Dating someone who looked like a teenager would likely make people think I was some kind of cradle robber...

• Like 1

Awww I like boys with the baby faces :) Seriously, I guess I am a weirdo or something. A guy with a nice body and baby face is perfection to me, although I have liked other types too.

• Like 1

Depends on what you mean looks like.

Are we talking about your face looking like a much younger girl? Or does you body resemble that of a teenager, like no curves. And by curves, I mean breasts mostly :o

• Like 1
  • Author
Not if she acted and dressed appropriately. Actually for a woman I would have thought this was a blessing and not a burden, in most cases. You are lucky even if you don't think you are. You'll be discounted by some guys over it but many will appreciate your youthful look, even if they feel a little self conscious over any perceived age discrepancy by others.

What do you mean by 'when I eventually start dating'?

This is promising.

I just recently got out of a LDR so I'm just taking it easy for at least the rest of the year before trying again.

You know id probably take a little time adjusting to it...but I respect you as a woman and and as a person because you're not actually the age you look id still treat you in the way that I feel about you and wouldn't let other people make me feel uncomfortable about being w you because they don't know any better...honestly id completely not care and ignore it after a short time...I don't think you deserve some kind of special negative treatment over it, I'm not going to feel awkward and make you feel awkward in turn for it. I'm sure they'll be some moments but we could just adjust to that.

Like I said...there would be an adjustment period for it but I doubt that I couldn't overcome it...I'm a confident guy though, I'm not as worried about what others think if I'm using good judgment and doing what I feel is right.

I am truly hoping more people feel and think this way, if a partner/date is uncomfortable/uncertain it shows so 100% acceptance would be great.

Wouldn't be a problem for me provided she didn't wear pigtails and school uniforms. No lollipops either.

Lol!

This is an interesting thread. I am in my mid-40s but people usually guess my age around late 20s/early 30s. Which is great, except I am mostly attracted to guys a little older than me, and I think I get passed over sometimes because they assume I am too young for them.

The good news is that I had the same problem at your age, but I didn't have problems with boyfriends. Maybe there were guys that didn't ask me out because they thought I was too young, because the guys that did ask me out knew me a little bit before asking. I did make a pretty big effort to always dress grown-up though.

Thank you, you understand what it feels like. I was thinking if I ever get pregnant people would probably think I'm a teen mum heh. Perhaps I should really start considering changing my style a bit to make it as "adult" looking at possible.

I think it would be funny. I'm 25 but look like I'm somewhere around 35-40 judging by what others frequently guess my age to be. Dating someone who looked like a teenager would likely make people think I was some kind of cradle robber...

Yep

Awww I like boys with the baby faces :) Seriously, I guess I am a weirdo or something. A guy with a nice body and baby face is perfection to me, although I have liked other types too.

This is cute.

• Author
Depends on what you mean looks like.

Are we talking about your face looking like a much younger girl? Or does you body resemble that of a teenager, like no curves. And by curves, I mean breasts mostly :o

Heh, you remind me of my aunts :rolleyes: I am skinny, think a shorter version of Keira Knightly and you have my general shape.

I don't know where you're from but the vast majority of teenage girls where I live have a fantastic pair well before men are legally allowed to touch them.

Yes and it's disgusting to see guys perving on them

I am skinny, think a shorter version of Keira Knightly and you have my general shape.

This is better than ideal for me.

Yes and it's disgusting to see guys perving on them

I always wondered why it is considered "disgusting" for a guy to prefer a less curvy woman with a body or look that is similar to that of a teenager...? :confused:

• Like 1
  • Author
This is better than ideal for me.

I always wondered why it is considered "disgusting" for a guy to prefer a less curvy woman with a body or look that is similar to that of a teenager...? :confused:

Disgusting to perv on known underaged girls who just happen to have blossomed. The term "jailbait" makes me cringe.

So far mostly positive, sweet :)

Disgusting to perv on known underaged girls who just happen to have blossomed. The term "jailbait" makes me cringe.

So what about adult women who happen to have that body shape? It's unfortunate how being attracted to such women is automatically associated with perverts and jailbait.

And to answer the thread title question, I would be extremely comfortable dating a woman who looked like a teenager. Or hell, 18 is still considered a teenager, right...? :confused:

• Like 1
  • Author
So what about adult women who happen to have that body shape? It's unfortunate how being attracted to such women is automatically associated with perverts and jailbait.

And to answer the thread title question, I would be extremely comfortable dating a woman who looked like a teenager. Or hell, 18 is still considered a teenager, right...? :confused:

I think we are talking about the same thing and not at the same time.

I quoted a poster who was talking about how pre-teen and teenage girls usually come with great boobs long before it's legal to touch them - that is what I consider perving on underage girls and that is wrong simply because they may have the body but they are still teenagers.

Which is why I am having an issue (I am the original poster) I am an adult woman but I look like a teenager with a very slender frame (my body twins, albeit on a much shorter scale, are Keira Knightly, Cameron Diaz and Charlize Thereon...) If someone sees me with a normal 30-something it will look like an adult male with a teen girl, hence the question.

I don't know which body types you are talking about, unless you mean super slender athletic frames, in which case I highly encourage you to like such frames lol and understand why you may feel defensive about liking this body since most men are expected to like hourglass, pear or big-chested inverted triangles.

aussietigerwolf
Wouldn't be a problem for me provided she didn't wear pigtails and school uniforms. No lollipops either.

Lol as soon as you said this I'd have to do it :p

• Like 1
I think we are talking about the same thing and not at the same time.

I quoted a poster who was talking about how pre-teen and teenage girls usually come with great boobs long before it's legal to touch them - that is what I consider perving on underage girls and that is wrong simply because they may have the body but they are still teenagers.

Which is why I am having an issue (I am the original poster) I am an adult woman but I look like a teenager with a very slender frame (my body twins, albeit on a much shorter scale, are Keira Knightly, Cameron Diaz and Charlize Thereon...) If someone sees me with a normal 30-something it will look like an adult male with a teen girl, hence the question.

I don't know which body types you are talking about, unless you mean super slender athletic frames, in which case I highly encourage you to like such frames lol and understand why you may feel defensive about liking this body since most men are expected to like hourglass, pear or big-chested inverted triangles.

I like small breasts. That should about cover it.

• Like 1

Yet Keira Knightly, Cameron Diaz, and Charlize Theron are sex symbols! :)

I have this body type, still, at 40. Not every man is a fan, but plenty are. You'll appreciate it as you age!

• Like 1