first date for 29 years

pooloflife

Posted previosly on here about my breakup sfter 29 years[see previous threads]Got my self a date friday,she is 20 years younger than me,told my sister she thinks i am about 41,i am 53 ,do i let her know how old iam or does it not matter these days, really like her met her 6months ago[work mate of my sister]when my relationship was ok,she always aked my sister how i am, a bit nervous to be hones tjust looking for companionship and some one to share doing stuff together,walking watching a movie etc Hoping we hit it off and have shared interest to do together in the future.

You need to be honest up front if she asks or makes ANY type of reference to your age.

And I thought I had it bad being new the dating scene after 18 years! :) Good luck!

todreaminblue

yay for you....congrats.....the age thing needs to be addressed asap however.....you have to be honest....why does she think you are 41 may i ask?

it is great you have moved on and i hope that it works out peachy for you....much luck in life and love from me to you.....deb

• Author

Thanks for your replies,i will be honest with my age if it comes up in conversation.most people thoink i look alot younger than i amalways kept my self fit, do lost of walking ,gym 3 times weekly,i get to go free[support worker] so yes i do look younger than my age,eat healthy drink loads of water etc,still scary after being with one girl fo 29 years it will be interesting how i cope.it was only 5 weeks since i found out my exs affair,so things are still a little raw,but determined to enjoy my date and have a nice time regardless of what happens

• Like 1

Age is irrelevant unless she wants to have kids. It sounds like she just wants to have fun and so do you. She will be your rebound relationship anyway, since you and your wife just split up. Enjoy!

IMO, you should not wait for the question, but go ahead and volunteer your age. If she finds out from other sources before she hears it from you, there's a chance she would consider your not mentioning it as insincere. Hope your date goes well.

Why didn't your sister tell her your real age? I think you should tell her regardless of if you are asked or not. Considering your sister didn't say anything she most probably thought her guess was right. She might feel betrayed If she finds out later.