A guy wears a ring on his right hand ring finger

dsk

Today I did an one-hour training with my personal trainer. This was the first that we met. He is super cute. During the training he kept doing small talks with me. I noticed that he wears a ring on his right hand ring finger and wears a necklace (not girly one, but more rocker style). But I can't help wonder if he is a gay...I mean he didn't act like a gay at all, but why he wears a ring on that gay finger?

Has he ever been married?

I ask because I often wear rings on my right ring finger which were worn there when I was married, including a couple subsequent versions of my original wedding band which I now wear as ordinary jewelry. They won't fit any other fingers correctly and I don't want to pay to have them re-sized.

Didn't know about the 'gay' finger thing. That could be problematical.

just compliment the style of the ring and ask him what it signifies. my bf was wearing a wedding band when we met - turned out it was his mom's wedding band and he wears it for sentimental reasons. you need to ask...

Not sure why a guy wearing a ring = being gay...

I make jewelry and have made lots of rings for men for their other hands - many because they like the bling.

Google "Johnny Depp hands" - you'll see a ton of pictures of both his hands with lots of rings on several fingers and I doubt anyone thinks he is gay.

You will never know if you don't ask.

Feelin Frisky

I used to wear two rings on my right hand. I never heard of it meaning anything about my sexual preferences. One was given to me by my dad and the other--a pinky ring of 24kt gold in a celtic knot with a ruby in the middle-- was inherited from the husband of my mother's aunt who was a wealthy lawyer. My style has changed and I don't wear them now (need to lose some weight too to get 'em on but wore them through my 20's&30's a lot).