Old Crush In The Mix

glassjaw

I've recently bumped into my old crush from high school a few days ago, and just cant get her outta my mind! She was a huge part of my teen years and she affected me in a BIG way. But im in a steady realationship now (2 years) and happy, for the most part.

The problem is this: As chance would have it, in the precise moment when my girlfriend and I are considering taking a break from eachother, I see the old crush. My mind starts to wander and soon enough I just dont feel the same toward my girlfriend. That sucks, I know.

But, what I'm saying is, the "taking a break" thing was really weird for me, but it just seems easier to do now that I've seen my crush. I'm also suspicious about my mate's welcomming of the break, and have to kind of wonder about her motives. If there are any.

How should I go about the "taking a break" issue? Should I be using the crush as a factor in my decision? My brain says I'm o.k. to take a break, but my heart really wants to stay together. And that damn crush is boggling my trane of thought!

How should I go about this?

hurtingandconfused

If you asked for the "break" then yes I would say that you chasing this other girl would be wrong. If you wanted to date other women you should have called off the relationship between you and your girl.

On the other hand, if you girl/ex called the break. For all means talk to this new girl. And be happy of course!

I'd like to know how old you are, and how long ago this crush was.

If it was during your early teen years, I'd definitely dump the girlfriend altogether and catch up with this crush. Of course, make sure this crush-girl that's suddenly returned into your life wants you around. If she doesn't, then you'll have no one to fall back on. Play it safe.

I'd chase the crush either way. I once saw a girl I went to kindergarten with; that was 14 years ago, and I developed a love-at-first-sight thing and dreamt about her for a couple of days, no BS.

So I think reconnecting with a girl from the time of your innocence (i.e. childhood) would really make you a happy person and everything bad that's happened since then will vanish, be forgotten.

I think you must also consider not only whether this girl you have a crush on has a likable personality still, but also if she's available breeding material.

I'd say: GO THE CRUSH! RECLAIM YOUR INNOCENCE!!!

viciouscancer

hey, im in the same sistuation as u r. except im the new person trying to get with this girl who has a boyfriend now. i was suppose to be with her 2 years ago but i moved away for a year, and now i came back and i want her. she said she would be with me if she didnt have a boyfriend. i made her admitt i was better looking than him and i have a nicer body. but now i think i might of ****ed it up because i think i tempt her too much to break up with her boyfriend.i know she wants to be with me, but it is a risk for her of getting burned if i be with her and dump her. but i really dont want to do this to her. i really want to love her. i guess she is just scared. oh well. i think things will probably tuen around soon though.

viciouscancer