attracting the wrong guys

rach24680

It seems that the guys i'm not attracted to are all over me, wanting dates and always talking to me, always showing interest.

Whereas the guys i am interested in are either;

1) attracted at first and after a few dates it goes stale

or

2) never 'seem to realise' im into them,

or

3) just aren't interested.

Now i think i know why this is. The guys i'm not attracted to, i feel really comfortable around because i know there's no pressure for wanting to impress them. I don't want to date them so i can just be myself and let go and not care what they think.

The guys i do like, i MUST act differently. I am aware that sometimes i am nervous around them through fear of looking stupid/dumb/boring and them not reciprocating my feelings but i do try to be myself.

I'm curious if this happens to many other people?

Also if anyone has any other suggestions as to why this happens?

And if anyone has any tips to combat the fears of rejection?

I'ts easy to say just be yourself, but it's hard when you're nervous, as I sometimes become so timid and that's just not me! One guy i like i feel like i don't want to make a move because 1) he isn't showing any interest (but why would he when i'm giving him no forward signs, and i haven't told him i like him) 2) i belong to a group of friends, and if he does reject me, it'l be really awkward and 3) i have history with another guy from the group and i'm not sure if this will sway his decision.

Do guys like forward girls?

Do guys tend to stay away from girls who have history with a shared friend?

So what kind of guys are the ones that you like?

Why do you feel that you have to impress the guys you like?

• Author

guys who i have things in common with, who make me laugh, who i find attractive. its not like im desperate for guys to like me, would just be nice if i was more relaxed and could be myself around them. suppose it all boils down to confidence?