Speaking of Asian Obsessions....

irc333

Earlier there was a post about the fondness for Asian women....speaking of which,there's this woman I know (personally) through a network of friends that has a dating profile about how she has a major preference towards "Trendy/Metro Asian men"

And that she's so into the Asian culture, she wants to adopt an Asian kid. She said, "If you're not Asian, then you have to accept the fact she's into that culture, and would be willing to consider adopting an Asian child"

(As oppose to having children the regular way?)

Is there just something creepy about that statement?

Yes I'm not really comfortable with people that have fetishes like that. It's like they don't see the person just what he or she represents to them. Ultimately being singled out for your ethnicity is quite insulting I think.

True, does seem a little odd.:confused: I am interested in Indian, Arabic, and Turkish cultures, but that doesn't mean I want to adopt a child from any of them. With this woman it seems like the urge to adopt an Asian child is merely just like novelty for her, as it happens to coincide with her fascination about the culture. Just seems like the wrong reason to want to be a mother.

Earlier there was a post about the fondness for Asian women....speaking of which,there's this woman I know (personally) through a network of friends that has a dating profile about how she has a major preference towards "Trendy/Metro Asian men"

And that she's so into the Asian culture, she wants to adopt an Asian kid. She said, "If you're not Asian, then you have to accept the fact she's into that culture, and would be willing to consider adopting an Asian child"

(As oppose to having children the regular way?)

Is there just something creepy about that statement?

China has the one child policy, so adopting Chinese girls is considered a "Humanitarian act"

Also, Asian food like Sushi and Thai/Chinese food are getting more and more popular, especially among women who consider themselves foodies, and don't like high protein meat and potatos, but vegan, vegitarian and fish diets.

The Chinese economy is growing and gaining more influence. Many Americans are teaching their children Mandarin in high school.

If she is a buddhist or yoga student, she may be living an Eastern lifestyle and philosphy.