Guys with Glasses..Girls Please Answer

alaman19

A question for all interested especially girls your replies please..

Would you ever date a guy who wore glasses?..Many people my friends included on this tell me "oh your just another geeky looking nerd and the girls aren't ever gonna go for you until you get rid of the glassess" or "your glasses make you look like a nerd and you couldn't handle a pretty girl like so and so"..I'm 20 years old and have been wearing them for the last 5 years and I am not interested in getting contact lenses because its just too expensive for me. So are these people right in saying girls aren't gonna take a second look at me cause of my "4 eyes" as some say? I don't take much stock into those comments people make but it just got me thinking..What all do you people think. thanks in advance for all your replies.

Darkangelism

Oh that total BS, girls dont care if guys have glasses. They want guys with confidence, intelligence and that are attractive.

I think you should be more afraid if you're out of shape.

I get insensitive girls openly perving on surfer-types and admitting it to me all the time.

I find girls who only wear glasses to read are sexy, intelligent. Girls who wear glasses all the time can be seen as poor breeding material.

I don't wear glasses, but I get the vibe that most glasses-wearing guys are computer-type geeks. I've never seen a cool surfer-type wearing glasses. That's a real sad stereotype, and I do hope girls like guys for their attitude rather than for their disabilities, like a gut.

It certainly may depend on the age group....but most mature women don't care either way.

Girls who wear glasses all the time can be seen as poor breeding material.

WTF? You got a farm? What a stupid thing to say!

I love it when She wears glasses, it's subconsciously intellectual. She doesn't like em though. I've found it has no effect on my desire to breed with her. :p

Originally posted by moimeme

Girls who wear glasses all the time can be seen as poor breeding material.

WTF? You got a farm? What a stupid thing to say!

I'm just saying, in a biological sense, guys see a glasses-wearing girl as weak and, ergo, will reject her as poor-breeding material even if she's perfectly fit.

Guys are visual. It's a crappy image judgement, but it gets made anyhow, believe me.

guys see a glasses-wearing girl as weak and, ergo, will reject her as poor-breeding material even if she's perfectly fit.

Post links to the studies, please. Cite statistics and their sources.

Originally posted by Renny_H

I'm just saying, in a biological sense, guys see a glasses-wearing girl as weak and, ergo, will reject her as poor-breeding material even if she's perfectly fit.

Cite source. :rolleyes:

Totally understood . I consider men who wear white socks as non breeding material for me. I don't want to create a herd of white socked cows. They are stupid and refuse to lick their salt blocks.

:o

Taken from Defining Sexy, by Claire Nelson

[font=courier new]Notable Quotes from Chapter 4:[/font]

- Whether we girls realize it or not, how we dress projects an image of who we are…. Wearing glasses gives guys the indication that our bodies aren’t totally healthy, even if such an idea is ludicrous.

- The initial attraction a man gets from a woman is visual (what is she wearing etc.). Men find the eyes to be a woman's most attractive physical quality, and glasses obstruct this.

- While true beauty comes from within a woman, women who wear glasses can have insecure personalities, and this can turn men off.

I don’t have any statistics, but I’ll bet this study was based on some, no doubt.

RedneckRomeo

I know lots of girls who don't think twice about whether the guy wears glasses or contacts or neither. I know lots of guys who work the same way. Sure, there are some cases where the opposite is true, where the guy or girl is way to aesthetic, which in that case - they're not worth dealing with anyway - so its their loss, not yours. Personally, I coudl care less. I see many fine girls with and without glasses - some look better with them. I have glasses, can be considered a computer geek in a sense - but I love other things too - its not my only love as is the case with pure stereotypical nerds. I try and be normal a lot - I can't stand to talk about computers for more than a half hour let alone all day. I would rather talk about something more interesting to everyone else too - such as, well, the opposite sex, or sports, or cars, or anything so called normal guys do. I'm normal with a side of geek. lol. I use to be opposite - but I think I've gotten my priorities better now too.

i equate the thickness of the lens to genital thickness. i am biologically compelled to do so.

you sure it's called "Defining Sexy, by Claire Nelson" ?

I found nothing.

Originally posted by dyermaker

you sure it's called "Defining Sexy, by Claire Nelson" ?

I found nothing.

It's a book. Might be rare. Ever heard of 'The Complete a**h***'s Guide to Handling Chicks'? Same publisher.

A bazillion books have been written and published by hacks and flacks. Unless Claire Nelson is a researcher of note, her opinion is just that; an opinion. It bears no more weight than the opinion of any poster.

I consider men who wear white socks as non breeding material for me

Yes, but Arabess, you are not claiming that 'women' think that. If the poster wants to claim his statement as his own opinion, that's one thing. To speak for 'guys' is quite another.

It's a book. Might be rare. Ever heard of 'The Complete a**h***'s Guide to Handling Chicks'? Same publisher.

Can you find any online information about it? Rare, certainly, but evading Google?

Anyway, it didn't sound like a result of a study, we all have our opinions, and I don't paticularly like the biological breeding example--especially since glasses, in terms of human history, are not an ancient innovation.

Originally posted by moimeme

A bazillion books have been written and published by hacks and flacks. Unless Claire Nelson is a researcher of note, her opinion is just that; an opinion. It bears no more weight than the opinion of any poster.

Well, surely for someone to get published, she must have had to prove she researched and studied the stuff. If her book was comical though, it wouldn't matter, but it's not like that. The book's probably garbage anyway, if you people haven't heard of it. [Published by St. Martin's Griffin, printed in NY, America, 2002]

Personally, statistics aren’t everything to me. I abhor them actually. I rarely relate to averages and what have you. And I dislike people trying to demean me using them. It makes me think they're a bureaucratic, uncreative, grumpy 70-something old. I think as long as you know your demographic, your opinion counts a lot rather than a broader one covering all ages (Eg 15-34). This guy is 20, remember.

Well, surely for someone to get published, she must have had to prove she researched and studied the stuff.

Depends on the genre--this is one genre where this is not the case--It's about selling books, not proving facts.

Personally, statistics aren’t everything to me. I abhor them actually. I rarely relate to averages and what have you. And I dislike people trying to demean me using them. It makes me think they're a bureaucratic, uncreative, grumpy 70-something old. I think as long as you know your demographic, your opinion counts a lot rather than a broader one covering all ages (Eg 15-34). This guy is 20, remember.

Que ridiculoso, opinions are made up, but facts are facts--and until you can come up with some sort of support for your opinion, why does it deserve any credibility/validity?

Originally posted by Jenny

i equate the thickness of the lens to genital thickness. i am biologically compelled to do so.

LMAO :laugh: Do you have anecdotal evidence to back this correlation, Jenny?

When I think about guys I find attractive, I struggle to remember whether most of them wear glasses or not, but I've certainly never been put off by it.

As for girls in glasses being poor breeding material, IMO anyone Neanderthal enough to hold these views is poor breeding material themselves.

Alaman19 -

Do you wear your glasses all the time? If you do, your smart, because I hardly wear mine. That's why I'm blind all the time. :p

I've never had any problems with women thinking that my glasses are unattractive. My little wahine loves it when I wear my glasses ----- the badboy look with a touch of geekiness. She adores it!!!

Don't sweat it so much dude. Some women may like glasses, some may not. Just like me for instance - I think it's sexy when a woman smokes! I can't pinpoint as to why, but I find it very appealing. Alot of my buddies hate it.

So what I'm saying is that it just depends on the person and preference. I'm sure that not all ladies like men with glasses, but you can't bet that there are many that do!

~V

I'd love to have to wear glasses. Though my eyes are perfect and I like them that way, it definitely adds a degree of intelligence to yourself, I think, though I might be seen as a geek.

Still, I'm sure Bruce Wayne in the Batman Movies wears glasses. Clark Kent too. I think you can hide your true spirit behind glasses, though most of the guys I know who wear them are geeks and f**ked up their eyes by looking at Solar Eclipses.

though most of the guys I know who wear them are geeks and f**ked up their eyes by looking at Solar Eclipses.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH - That's funny as s**t dude!!!!!!!!!!!!

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Originally posted by dyermaker

Depends on the genre--this is one genre where this is not the case--It's about selling books, not proving facts.

Que ridiculoso, opinions are made up, but facts are facts--and until you can come up with some sort of support for your opinion, why does it deserve any credibility/validity?

I’m just saying opinions are far more personal and detailed than statistics. And even collecting three diverse opinions on a particular topic could do more than knowing a generalised statistic. Well, that’s why I come here instead of reading one-authored books.

Would you ever date a guy who wore glasses?

When I first met my partner he was wearing contacts. But I talked him into a sexy pair of wire frames that drove me absolutely wild! It was that: 'Superman disguised as Clark Kent' look that made me want to jump him!

He's since had surgery to correct his vision, but I keep begging him to pop the lenses out and wear those darn frames anyway.

YES!...for me, glasses are incredibly sexy so long as the style fits the man and compliments the face. :love: