Is it sexual tension?? If not, then what?

allystone

So, this guy was totally not my type. Kinda nerdy, good friend, known him forever. Now, a few months ago, I started to feel different around him. It wasn't a crush! I know what crushes feel like and that wasn't it! It was simply this unexplainable attraction.

This one time, we were in physics class and the teacher was trying to illustrate attraction between masses, so he calculated, according to our weight, the attraction between me and this guy. And immediately he blurted out that there was no attraction whatsoever between us. The thing is, had I had one more second, I would have said the same thing. I've dated his cousin and it took us a lot to become good friends again after we broke up.

So, from reading other posts, I guess this is not the same kind of tension as when someone is teasing you or something. After some time, the tension I felt turned into a crush, which is how I feel toward him now. But I need your opinion. Was that sexual tension? Sexual tension is supposed to always be mutual, right?

Thanks!

Was that sexual tension? Sexual tension is supposed to always be mutual, right?

Thanks!

Sexual tension is when there is sexual attraction that is never acted on. It is not necessarily mutual.

An unexplainable attraction could have had to do with pheromones, or just that there was something about him that was fascinating or interesting to you.

You sound young and therefore it's unclear whether this really was sexual tension or just teenage hormones brought on by awkwardness and embarrassment.

Since he pretty much threw you under the bus during physics class, I suggest that you don't think much more about it and just let it die. You really don't want to consider trying to be with someone who will disown you in public but be nice to you in private. That's game-playing and it's a sure-fire way to get your heartbroken. I'd also suggest the same for him as it seems you feel the same way.