Am I expecting too much too soon?

zanesfan

I met this man on POF back in June/July. He is 34, Im 29. Right off the bat, I told him what I expected and it wasnt a fwb relationship. So after a month we decide to go out on a date. 2 weeks later he invites me to a cookout. I meet all his friends and his brother. The next date we went out for lunch. By this time we havent kissed or anything.

So the topic of sex comes up. I dont feel like we've really connected because he is so hard to read. All emotionless when we go out. Im lucky if I get him to smile. At his cookout his guard was down a little bit because I think he felt more comfortable. He even asked me for a hug. We talked most days by IM and we rarely talk on the phone. Right now he is consumed with work and getting his masters. And Im working during the week along with school and taking care of my little one.

I tried to invite him over to my place one day and watch a movie but he wasnt able to and I cant remember why. So I go to his place the following week and we have sex (now this was last month). The sex was blah... We resume normal activities and then I go out of town to my sisters wedding and he checks up on me to make sure i was ok. When I got back home he invited me to a game, dinner, and drinks. I accepted. He was much more warm, flirty, talkative, aggressive which I liked. We had sex again that night and it was blah again. No oral sex, no foreplay, just put the condom on and come inside.

Im trying to be patient and see where this goes if anywhere. I can teach him what I like but he is so hard to read. When I ask him what does he want from a women he stated he is under a lot of pressure with work and school and he will know what he is looking for when he finds it. Should I just chalk this one up to the game or be more patient? I dont care one way or the other but he seems like a pretty good guy.

I met this man on POF back in June/July. He is 34, Im 29. Right off the bat, I told him what I expected and it wasnt a fwb relationship. So after a month we decide to go out on a date. 2 weeks later he invites me to a cookout. I meet all his friends and his brother. The next date we went out for lunch. By this time we havent kissed or anything.

So the topic of sex comes up. I dont feel like we've really connected because he is so hard to read. All emotionless when we go out. Im lucky if I get him to smile. At his cookout his guard was down a little bit because I think he felt more comfortable. He even asked me for a hug. We talked most days by IM and we rarely talk on the phone. Right now he is consumed with work and getting his masters. And Im working during the week along with school and taking care of my little one.

I tried to invite him over to my place one day and watch a movie but he wasnt able to and I cant remember why. So I go to his place the following week and we have sex (now this was last month). The sex was blah... We resume normal activities and then I go out of town to my sisters wedding and he checks up on me to make sure i was ok. When I got back home he invited me to a game, dinner, and drinks. I accepted. He was much more warm, flirty, talkative, aggressive which I liked. We had sex again that night and it was blah again. No oral sex, no foreplay, just put the condom on and come inside.

Im trying to be patient and see where this goes if anywhere. I can teach him what I like but he is so hard to read. When I ask him what does he want from a women he stated he is under a lot of pressure with work and school and he will know what he is looking for when he finds it. Should I just chalk this one up to the game or be more patient? I dont care one way or the other but he seems like a pretty good guy.

He's 34 and still doesn't know what he wants?

What if 5 years from now he realizes that you're NOT what he wants?

Move on!

I'm 26 and I absolutely know what I want. It's sad that the girls I keep meeting are too immature for my taste and just wants to have fun and still figuring out what they really want.

I'm fresh out of a relationship with a 25 year old woman who told me on the first date that she doesn't know what she's looking for.

So... you may be in my shoe pretty soon, unless this guy pulls his sh*t together.

• Author

I just asked him and he said he isnt going to jump into a relationship. He wants things to go with the flow. He thought by asking me to the game would be the start of something but I didnt look at it that way. Oh well. We will see.

I just asked him and he said he isnt going to jump into a relationship. He wants things to go with the flow. He thought by asking me to the game would be the start of something but I didnt look at it that way. Oh well. We will see.

[FONT=Times New Roman][sIZE=3][/sIZE][/FONT]

[sIZE=3][FONT=Calibri]One of the things we as women do is blatantly ignore thesigns of a emotionally noncommittal man. You force yourself to make excuses forhim because he’s telling he’s too busy to date. Afterall, he’s nice, and oncehe’s done with his work and everything he’ll settle down, right? Wrong.[/FONT][/sIZE]

[FONT=Calibri][sIZE=3] IF he doesn’t want you now, he won’t want youlater. After all, you’re already giving it up to him, and being the non-exclusive boyfriend. He has his cake, why else would he need to work any harderfor it? [/sIZE][/FONT]

[sIZE=3][FONT=Calibri]Stop making excuses for him. Ifyou already know you don’t like FWB situations why are you acting in a way thatsays otherwise? You already made the mistake of sleeping with him. If you aregoing to force him into a relationship, guess what? You’re the one ending uplooking like the bad guy using sex as a barrrgaining chip. [/FONT][/sIZE]

[sIZE=3][FONT=Calibri]Don’t act like you don’t carebecause one, he is not a nice guy. A nice guy actually has the decency ofwaiting for sex or at least making you his girl before he decides to bed you.Two, you’re in a world of hurt if you don’t walk away from him right now.[/FONT][/sIZE]